IP packets generator - Suse

This is a discussion on IP packets generator - Suse ; Hi, I am looking for a kind of IP packets generator tool on Suse 10 that be able to generate UDP packets with 125kpps by average size 100bytes. Meanwhile, the packets shall be made by 1000 kinds different combination of ...

  1. IP packets generator

    Hi,

    I am looking for a kind of IP packets generator tool on Suse 10 that
    be able to generate UDP packets with 125kpps by average size 100bytes.
    Meanwhile, the packets shall be made by 1000 kinds different
    combination of source and destination IP address.

    BTW, the shareware/freeware is better. I really can't afford the
    tools like aglient products.

    Is there anyone could help me that? thanks a lot

    Winter

  2. Re: IP packets generator

    song_winter@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a kind of IP packets generator tool on Suse 10 that
    > be able to generate UDP packets with 125kpps by average size 100bytes.
    > Meanwhile, the packets shall be made by 1000 kinds different
    > combination of source and destination IP address.

    ping

    houghi
    --

    This space left blank intentionaly

  3. Re: IP packets generator

    The carbonbased lifeform houghi inspired alt.os.linux.suse with:
    > song_winter@hotmail.com wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am looking for a kind of IP packets generator tool on Suse 10 that
    >> be able to generate UDP packets with 125kpps by average size 100bytes.
    >> Meanwhile, the packets shall be made by 1000 kinds different
    >> combination of source and destination IP address.

    > ping

    "generate UDP packets"
    What is unclear about that?

    For OP: search sourceforge for 'packet construct'.

    Theo
    --
    theo at van-werkhoven.nl ICQ:277217131 SuSE Linux
    linuxcounter.org: 99872 Jabber:muadib at jabber.xs4all.nl AMD XP3000+ 1024MB

  4. Re: IP packets generator

    Winter

    A few years ago I found a simple perl script that allowed send to any
    port/IP with a defined text stream. I was using it to test a LAN based
    client/server alarm/telemetry system without the client being available.

    I had to dig but found it again!. No doubt you can figure out what needs
    to be done to modify for your needs.

    Cheers Bob

    The following script can be used to send UDP packets:

    #!/usr/bin/perl
    use IO::Socket;
    $host=$ARGV[0] or die "missing host name\n";
    $port=$ARGV[1] or die "missing port\n";
    $data=$ARGV[2] or die "missing packet data\n";
    $sock=IO::Socket::INET->new(Proto=>"udp",PeerAddr=>$host,PeerPort=>$port)
    or die "failed to create socket: $!\n";
    $sock->send($data) or die "failed to send data\n";

    The following is the syntax for the above script:

    ../udp_send 192.168.2.99 3000 foo

    The following script can be used to receive UDP packets:

    #!/usr/bin/perl
    use IO::Socket;
    $port=$ARGV[0] or die "missing port\n";
    $sock=IO::Socket::INET->new(LocalPort=>$port,Proto=>"udp") or die
    "failed to create socket: $@";
    print "listening for packets on port $port...\n";
    while ($addr=$sock->recv($data,2048,0)) {
    print "received packet: '$data'\n";
    }

    And its syntax:

    ../udp_recv 20000

    song_winter@hotmail.com wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a kind of IP packets generator tool on Suse 10 that
    > be able to generate UDP packets with 125kpps by average size 100bytes.
    > Meanwhile, the packets shall be made by 1000 kinds different
    > combination of source and destination IP address.

+ Reply to Thread