is SUSE 10.1 64 bit? - Suse

This is a discussion on is SUSE 10.1 64 bit? - Suse ; Hi. I would like to know whether SUSE 10.1 is 64 bit and whether I would be able to use it on my new amd turion x2 (dual core) IN 64 BIT mode? Thanx....

  1. is SUSE 10.1 64 bit?

    Hi.
    I would like to know whether SUSE 10.1 is 64 bit and whether I
    would be able to use it on my new amd turion x2 (dual core) IN 64 BIT
    mode?
    Thanx.

  2. Re: is SUSE 10.1 64 bit?

    sid wrote:
    > Hi.
    > I would like to know whether SUSE 10.1 is 64 bit and whether I
    > would be able to use it on my new amd turion x2 (dual core) IN 64 BIT
    > mode?

    How much time did you put in investigating the fact wether or not it is
    64 bit? Just curious.

    houghi
    --
    Remind me to write an article on the compulsive reading of news. The
    theme will be that most neuroses can be traced to the unhealthy habit

  3. Re: is SUSE 10.1 64 bit?

    class_a wrote:
    > sid wrote:
    >
    >> I would like to know whether SUSE 10.1 is 64 bit

    > There are 32 and 64 bit versions. It depends on what you download or buy.
    >
    >> and whether I
    >> would be able to use it on my new amd turion x2 (dual core) IN 64 BIT
    >> mode?

    > Yes and yes.
    >
    > Download it from here http://software.opensuse.org/
    >
    > x86 is 32-bit, x86-64 is 64-bit

    Whoops, I just re-read your question and noted it was for 10.1. The
    link I gave was for 10.2, but the same comments apply, there are 32-bit
    and 64-bit variants of 10.1.

+ Reply to Thread