    Anyone kows how to get Thunderbird to show 24 hour times instread of AM/PM?

    Thanks

  2. Re: 24 hour time Thunderbird

    On 2007-07-26 15:12, Wodans wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > My Thunderbird (1.5.0.12) keeps on displaying times in the AM/PM format.
    > I've installed the extension "configdate". Changing the time format with
    > configdate doesn't change the displayed time it is still AM/PM...
    >
    > Anyone kows how to get Thunderbird to show 24 hour times instread of AM/PM?
    >
    > Thanks

    This depend on your own environment, the contents of $LC_TIME that tell your
    applications which time format you prefer.

    If it's not set in your login or desktop, add it to the thunderbird wrapper,
    or set it by hand.

    I have: (this is from Solaris, as I use this at work)
    # Swedish date/time format in e.g. mail header pane
    if [ $os_minor = 10 ]; then
    export LC_TIME=sv_SE
    else
    export LC_TIME=sv
    fi

    In SuSE I guess you can set the default LC_TIME in
    /etc/sysconfig/language , and don't have to change it for every user,
    unless they prefer something else.

    /bb

  3. Re: 24 hour time Thunderbird

    birre wrote:
    > On 2007-07-26 15:12, Wodans wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> My Thunderbird (1.5.0.12) keeps on displaying times in the AM/PM format.
    >> I've installed the extension "configdate". Changing the time format with
    >> configdate doesn't change the displayed time it is still AM/PM...
    >>
    >> Anyone kows how to get Thunderbird to show 24 hour times instread of
    >> AM/PM?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > This depend on your own environment, the contents of $LC_TIME that tell
    > your
    > applications which time format you prefer.
    >
    > If it's not set in your login or desktop, add it to the thunderbird
    > wrapper,
    > or set it by hand.
    >
    > I have: (this is from Solaris, as I use this at work)
    > # Swedish date/time format in e.g. mail header pane
    > if [ $os_minor = 10 ]; then
    > export LC_TIME=sv_SE
    > else
    > export LC_TIME=sv
    > fi
    >

    > In SuSE I guess you can set the default LC_TIME in
    > /etc/sysconfig/language , and don't have to change it for every user,
    > unless they prefer something else.
    >
    > /bb

    Thanks for the info.

    My environment is openSUSE 10.2 (x86_64). Running KDE 3.5.7."release
    60.1". KDE is set to use 24H.
    I'll try to set up the time in sysconfig

    Thanks

  4. Re: 24 hour time Thunderbird

    Wodans wrote:
    > birre wrote:
    >> On 2007-07-26 15:12, Wodans wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> My Thunderbird (1.5.0.12) keeps on displaying times in the AM/PM format.
    >>> I've installed the extension "configdate". Changing the time format with
    >>> configdate doesn't change the displayed time it is still AM/PM...
    >>>
    >>> Anyone kows how to get Thunderbird to show 24 hour times instread of
    >>> AM/PM?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> This depend on your own environment, the contents of $LC_TIME that tell
    >> your
    >> applications which time format you prefer.
    >>
    >> If it's not set in your login or desktop, add it to the thunderbird
    >> wrapper,
    >> or set it by hand.
    >>
    >> I have: (this is from Solaris, as I use this at work)
    >> # Swedish date/time format in e.g. mail header pane
    >> if [ $os_minor = 10 ]; then
    >> export LC_TIME=sv_SE
    >> else
    >> export LC_TIME=sv
    >> fi
    >>

    >> In SuSE I guess you can set the default LC_TIME in
    >> /etc/sysconfig/language , and don't have to change it for every user,
    >> unless they prefer something else.
    >>
    >> /bb

    > Thanks for the info.
    >
    > My environment is openSUSE 10.2 (x86_64). Running KDE 3.5.7."release
    > 60.1". KDE is set to use 24H.
    > I'll try to set up the time in sysconfig
    >
    > Thanks

    Birre!

    Thanks, it worked like a charm.

    Thanks!

  5. Re: 24 hour time Thunderbird

    On 2007-07-26 16:04, Wodans wrote:
    > Wodans wrote:
    >> birre wrote:

    >>> This depend on your own environment, the contents of $LC_TIME that tell
    >>> your
    >>> applications which time format you prefer.
    >>>
    >>> If it's not set in your login or desktop, add it to the thunderbird
    >>> wrapper,
    >>> or set it by hand.
    >>>
    >>> I have: (this is from Solaris, as I use this at work)
    >>> # Swedish date/time format in e.g. mail header pane
    >>> if [ $os_minor = 10 ]; then
    >>> export LC_TIME=sv_SE
    >>> else
    >>> export LC_TIME=sv
    >>> fi
    >>>

    >>> In SuSE I guess you can set the default LC_TIME in
    >>> /etc/sysconfig/language , and don't have to change it for every user,
    >>> unless they prefer something else.
    >>>
    >>> /bb

    >> Thanks for the info.
    >>
    >> My environment is openSUSE 10.2 (x86_64). Running KDE 3.5.7."release
    >> 60.1". KDE is set to use 24H.
    >> I'll try to set up the time in sysconfig
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Birre!
    >
    > Thanks, it worked like a charm.
    >
    > Thanks!

    I checked my Suse machine, and it seems that the settings in KDE never set
    LC_TIME in the users login, so only KDE applications get the right time format.

    Maybe it's only a problem for us that use en_US as default, but has something
    else as user login.

    If you had made your own language system default, I suspect that everything
    should work, except it's impossible to send error messages to this group when
    you need help.

    /bb

+ Reply to Thread