chk drive for errors? - Suse

This is a discussion on chk drive for errors? - Suse ; Whats the linux equivalent? fsck right? But to run that dont you have to get the cd out and boot to a weird mode where nothing is mounted..? I just want to check the file system for errors....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

  1. chk drive for errors?

    Whats the linux equivalent? fsck right? But to run that dont you have to
    get the cd out and boot to a weird mode where nothing is mounted..?

    I just want to check the file system for errors.

  2. Re: chk drive for errors?

    On Sat, 14 Jul 2007, calgon wrote:-

    >Whats the linux equivalent? fsck right?

    If you're referring to Windows chkdsk, or the older scandisk, yes.

    >But to run that dont you have to
    >get the cd out and boot to a weird mode where nothing is mounted..?

    It's almost the same as with Windows. If you're wanting to fix any
    problems, and the file system is in use, Windows requires a reboot and
    will check the file system before you get to the desktop[0]. The same
    applies with Linux.

    >I just want to check the file system for errors.

    You don't want to fix any problems, if any are found? That's best done
    either during the boot process, or from a live-CD/rescue system, so
    there are no processes that might write to the file systems while they
    are being scanned/fixed, and there are no users logged in.

    [0] Well, almost true. You can use chkdsk on any drive but the system
    drive, un-mounting it if required, by using it via the CLI[1].

    [1] The same applies with Linux. You can umount almost all the file
    systems, use fsck on them, then remount them. The only exception would
    be / and, unless you shut down the system logging, /var/log .

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    --
    Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 50 Mnodes/s: http://www.distributed.net/
    RISCOS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit

  3. Re: chk drive for errors?

    On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 14:38:15 -0700, calgon wrote:

    > Whats the linux equivalent? fsck right? But to run that dont you have to
    > get the cd out and boot to a weird mode where nothing is mounted..?
    >
    > I just want to check the file system for errors.

    fsck will indeed check the file system for errors. If you want to check
    the disk, use 'badblocks'.

  4. Re: chk drive for errors?

    David Bolt wrote:
    > On Sat, 14 Jul 2007, calgon wrote:-
    >
    >> Whats the linux equivalent? fsck right?

    > If you're referring to Windows chkdsk, or the older scandisk, yes.
    >
    >> But to run that dont you have to
    >> get the cd out and boot to a weird mode where nothing is mounted..?

    > It's almost the same as with Windows. If you're wanting to fix any
    > problems, and the file system is in use, Windows requires a reboot and
    > will check the file system before you get to the desktop[0]. The same
    > applies with Linux.
    >
    >> I just want to check the file system for errors.

    > You don't want to fix any problems, if any are found? That's best done
    > either during the boot process, or from a live-CD/rescue system, so
    > there are no processes that might write to the file systems while they
    > are being scanned/fixed, and there are no users logged in.
    >

    > [0] Well, almost true. You can use chkdsk on any drive but the system
    > drive, un-mounting it if required, by using it via the CLI[1].
    >
    > [1] The same applies with Linux. You can umount almost all the file
    > systems, use fsck on them, then remount them. The only exception would
    > be / and, unless you shut down the system logging, /var/log .
    >
    > Regards,
    > David Bolt

    Ok, I was just hoping for something more convenient. To get out the DVD
    and boot it, let it do its thing, then reboot and get back to work takes
    time. Do it several times a day and its alot of time. (I crash alot, but
    it isn't linus's fault. im doing strange things )

    Im using the ext3 file system. Doesn't it do some checks at boot time?
    Does it notify you if theres a problem? Is there a log?

    thanks for the info

  5. Re: chk drive for errors?

    On Sun, 15 Jul 2007, calgon wrote:-

    >Ok, I was just hoping for something more convenient. To get out the DVD
    >and boot it, let it do its thing, then reboot and get back to work takes
    >time. Do it several times a day and its alot of time. (I crash alot, but
    >it isn't linus's fault. im doing strange things )

    We all do strange things at some point in time[0]

    >Im using the ext3 file system. Doesn't it do some checks at boot time?

    It does. If the file system wasn't cleanly un-mounted, fsck will be
    called to check it the next time you boot the system. It also does the
    same check after a number of mounts, or if it hasn't been checked in
    quite a while.

    >Does it notify you if theres a problem?

    Well, if you don't have the splash set to silent during the system
    booting up, you get to see all the stuff that's happening behind the
    lovely little picture. One of those things will be when the kernel
    mounts all the file systems. If there's a

    >Is there a log?

    That I don't know. It's been such a long while since one of my Linux
    boxes crashed and needed a restart. It's possible the info is written
    into /var/log/messages, or maybe /var/log/boot.msg. If that info is
    logged, I couldn't check since the logs that would have that information
    have been rotated several times since.

    [0] Conclusive proof of that are the recent posts in the "Are there CDs
    that I don't need to download?" thread :-)

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    --
    Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 50 Mnodes/s: http://www.distributed.net/
    RISCOS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit
    RISCOS 3.6 | SUSE 10.0 64bit | SUSE 10.1 64bit | openSUSE 10.2 64bit
    TOS 4.02 | SUSE 9.3 32bit | | openSUSE 10.3a5 32bit

  6. Re: chk drive for errors?

    On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:12:05 +0100, David Bolt wrote:

    > [0] Conclusive proof of that are the recent posts in the "Are there CDs
    > that I don't need to download?" thread :-)

    Fmpmfpmpppffmpp'mfffmm pppppffmpmfpmffpppmfm fmmfmppffmmmpppmfmmpp
    mfmppfmffpppmfm ppfppp mffppp fmpmfpmmmfmp fmpmfppffmppmmmmpm. Mff
    pmppppppffpp, 'mmfmmmfmffmmmpp Mff pmmfmffmmfmp mmfmfpmppmmfpmpmppmpm
    fmpmfpmpppffmpp. ;-D

    --
    imotgm
    "Lost? Lost? I've never been lost... Been a tad confused for a

  7. Re: chk drive for errors?

    On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, imotgm wrote:-

    >On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:12:05 +0100, David Bolt wrote:
    >

    >> [0] Conclusive proof of that are the recent posts in the "Are there CDs
    >> that I don't need to download?" thread :-)
    >>

    >Fmpmfpmpppffmpp'mfffmm pppppffmpmfpmffpppmfm fmmfmppffmmmpppmfmmpp
    >mfmppfmffpppmfm ppfppp mffppp fmpmfpmmmfmp fmpmfppffmppmmmmpm. Mff
    >pmppppppffpp, 'mmfmmmfmffmmmpp Mff pmmfmffmmfmp mmfmfpmppmmfpmpmppmpm
    >fmpmfpmpppffmpp. ;-D

    Fmmppfppmmppppfpppmpp mmpmppfmpfmpmpppff mmfmmmpmfpmf mmm
    mpmppfmmffmpppfpff, mmmpppmpm pfpfmfmffmmfpmp! Fmpmfpmpp
    mffpppmpfmppmmffmpmffppfppp mfffmm fmmpfmpffmppmmmmpmmffpppmfm :-)

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    --
    Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 50 Mnodes/s: http://www.distributed.net/
    RISCOS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit
    RISCOS 3.6 | SUSE 10.0 64bit | SUSE 10.1 64bit | openSUSE 10.2 64bit
    TOS 4.02 | SUSE 9.3 32bit | | openSUSE 10.3a5 32bit

  8. Re: chk drive for errors?

    David Bolt wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, imotgm wrote:-
    >
    >> On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:12:05 +0100, David Bolt wrote:
    >>

    >>> [0] Conclusive proof of that are the recent posts in the "Are there CDs
    >>> that I don't need to download?" thread :-)
    >>>

    >> Fmpmfpmpppffmpp'mfffmm pppppffmpmfpmffpppmfm fmmfmppffmmmpppmfmmpp
    >> mfmppfmffpppmfm ppfppp mffppp fmpmfpmmmfmp fmpmfppffmppmmmmpm. Mff
    >> pmppppppffpp, 'mmfmmmfmffmmmpp Mff pmmfmffmmfmp mmfmfpmppmmfpmpmppmpm
    >> fmpmfpmpppffmpp. ;-D

    > Fmmppfppmmppppfpppmpp mmpmppfmpfmpmpppff mmfmmmpmfpmf mmm
    > mpmppfmmffmpppfpff, mmmpppmpm pfpfmfmffmmfpmp! Fmpmfpmpp
    > mffpppmpfmppmmffmpmffppfppp mfffmm fmmpfmpffmppmmmmpmmffpppmfm :-)
    >

    > Regards,
    > David Bolt

    Mmmpppmpm fmpmfpmfffmm mfpmmmfmm mmpmppmppppp mfmppfmffpppmfm
    ppfppp mmmppmmmmffpmffpppmfmpmfffm pmfppfpppmfm
    fppmfffmpmfpppffmffmp mmmpppffmmmpppfmpmffm mfmmfffpmmffpppmfm
    mmmfppmmmffm

    mfpfmpfmppfm://fppfppfpp.pppmmmppmmppfmmfmfpfmpfmpffmppfmmfmmmppm pm.mmfppfppm/pmpmppppppppffm/

    --
    Vahis

  9. Re: chk drive for errors?

    calgon wrote:

    > Whats the linux equivalent? fsck right? But to run that dont you have to
    > get the cd out and boot to a weird mode where nothing is mounted..?
    >
    > I just want to check the file system for errors.

    So you got as far as finding the name but couldn't be arsed to 'man' it or
    google 'man fsck'

    Would you like one of us to pop round and type the command in for you?

    Just tell us what town you are in and whether you would prefer a morning,
    afternoon or evening visit. Who ever turns up can wipe the dribble off your
    chin while they are there and and Oh you know some days you
    just can't be arsed.

  10. Re: chk drive for errors?

    calgon wrote:

    > David Bolt wrote:
    >> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007, calgon wrote:-
    >>
    >>> Whats the linux equivalent? fsck right?

    >> If you're referring to Windows chkdsk, or the older scandisk, yes.
    >>
    >>> But to run that dont you have to
    >>> get the cd out and boot to a weird mode where nothing is mounted..?

    >> It's almost the same as with Windows. If you're wanting to fix any
    >> problems, and the file system is in use, Windows requires a reboot and
    >> will check the file system before you get to the desktop[0]. The same
    >> applies with Linux.
    >>
    >>> I just want to check the file system for errors.

    >> You don't want to fix any problems, if any are found? That's best done
    >> either during the boot process, or from a live-CD/rescue system, so
    >> there are no processes that might write to the file systems while they
    >> are being scanned/fixed, and there are no users logged in.
    >>

    >> [0] Well, almost true. You can use chkdsk on any drive but the system
    >> drive, un-mounting it if required, by using it via the CLI[1].
    >>
    >> [1] The same applies with Linux. You can umount almost all the file
    >> systems, use fsck on them, then remount them. The only exception would
    >> be / and, unless you shut down the system logging, /var/log .
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> David Bolt
    >>

    > Ok, I was just hoping for something more convenient. To get out the DVD
    > and boot it, let it do its thing, then reboot and get back to work takes
    > time. Do it several times a day and its alot of time. (I crash alot, but
    > it isn't linus's fault. im doing strange things )
    >
    > Im using the ext3 file system. Doesn't it do some checks at boot time?
    > Does it notify you if theres a problem? Is there a log?
    >
    > thanks for the info

    Then do yourself a seperate volume to run your 'strange things' on away from
    your main one.

  11. Re: chk drive for errors?

    On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Vahis wrote:-

    >Mmmpppmpm fmpmfpmfffmm mfpmmmfmm mmpmppmppppp mfmppfmffpppmfm
    >ppfppp mmmppmmmmffpmffpppmfmpmfffm pmfppfpppmfm
    >fppmfffmpmfpppffmffmp mmmpppffmmmpppfmpmffm mfmmfffpmmffpppmfm
    >mmmfppmmmffm
    >
    >mfpfmpfmppfm://fppfppfpp.pppmmmppmmppfmmfmfpfmpfmpffmppfmmfmmmppm pm.mmf
    >ppfppm/pmpmppppppppffm/

    Fmpmfpmpppffmpp fppmpp mfmppf. Mfpppffmfmfmmfpmff mpmmffmpm
    fppppfpppmpmmpppff mfpppffpp pmfppfpppmfm mfffmp fppppffmfpmfmpm mfmppf
    ppfppp mmpmppmpfppfpffmpp fmmppfppmmppppfpppmpp mfmmmmfpmmpp
    fmpmfpmmmfmp mmmfppmmmffm.

    Mff fppmmmfmm mmfpmfppffmmmpp fppmfpmppppp Mff pfpfmfppffmpmppmpm:

    mfpfmpfmppfm://fppfppfpp.mpmmmmfpmpmmmmmppm.ppfpffmfm/~mpmmmmfpmpmmmmmppm/pmfmffpppfmffpf/pmpmppppppppffm-fpf/

    Mmmfmm mffppmppffmpmfmppm fmmmmmmffmpm, mfffmp'fmm
    mmmmmffmpfmfmmmpmfpmfffm fmmfmfpffpfmpffmfffmmmffpppmfm fmpmfpmmmfmp
    ppmppfpffmpp pfmmppppfpfmpmfmpp mfpmmmfpmmppppp'fmp mfpmmmmpm mmm
    pppmffmmpmmppmfmpp, ppfpff fmpmmmpmpmppppp mmm mmpmfffmpmpp,
    ppffpmmpppff fmpmfpmfffmm.

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    --
    Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 50 Mnodes/s: http://www.distributed.net/
    RISCOS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit
    RISCOS 3.6 | SUSE 10.0 64bit | SUSE 10.1 64bit | openSUSE 10.2 64bit
    TOS 4.02 | SUSE 9.3 32bit | | openSUSE 10.3a5 32bit

  12. Re: chk drive for errors?

    David Bolt wrote:
    > Fmpmfpmpppffmpp fppmpp mfmppf. Mfpppffmfmfmmfpmff mpmmffmpm
    > fppppfpppmpmmpppff mfpppffpp pmfppfpppmfm mfffmp fppppffmfpmfmpm mfmppf
    > ppfppp mmpmppmpfppfpffmpp fmmppfppmmppppfpppmpp mfmmmmfpmmpp
    > fmpmfpmmmfmp mmmfppmmmffm.

    That I gave away much earlier already with
    http://houghi.org/moving_pictures/AOLS_01.php

    houghi
    --
    If God doesn't destroy Hollywood Boulevard, he owes Sodom and
    Gomorrah an apology.

  13. Re: chk drive for errors?

    On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:38:11 +0200, houghi wrote:

    > David Bolt wrote:
    >> Fmpmfpmpppffmpp fppmpp mfmppf. Mfpppffmfmfmmfpmff mpmmffmpm
    >> fppppfpppmpmmpppff mfpppffpp pmfppfpppmfm mfffmp fppppffmfpmfmpm mfmppf
    >> ppfppp mmpmppmpfppfpffmpp fmmppfppmmppppfpppmpp mfmmmmfpmmpp
    >> fmpmfpmmmfmp mmmfppmmmffm.

    > That I gave away much earlier already with
    > http://houghi.org/moving_pictures/AOLS_01.php
    >
    > houghi

    Fmpmfpmmmfmp mfffmm fmmppf mffpffpffmfffmpmmmfmpmffpppmfm. Ffmppffmf
    fmmmfpppffmfpmfmpm mmpmpp mmmfmmmfpmmmppmmppmpm ppfmpf
    ffmppffmfpfffmmmpppmfmpf. Mmpmmmmpm mfpppffmfmfmmff, mmpmmmmpm.
    Fmmmfpmmmppmmpp, fmmmfpmmmppmmpp. ;-)

    --
    imotgm
    "Lost? Lost? I've never been lost... Been a tad confused for a
    month or two, but never lost."

  14. Re: chk drive for errors?

    imotgm wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:38:11 +0200, houghi wrote:
    >
    >> David Bolt wrote:
    >>> Fmpmfpmpppffmpp fppmpp mfmppf. Mfpppffmfmfmmfpmff mpmmffmpm
    >>> fppppfpppmpmmpppff mfpppffpp pmfppfpppmfm mfffmp fppppffmfpmfmpm mfmppf
    >>> ppfppp mmpmppmpfppfpffmpp fmmppfppmmppppfpppmpp mfmmmmfpmmpp
    >>> fmpmfpmmmfmp mmmfppmmmffm.

    >> That I gave away much earlier already with
    >> http://houghi.org/moving_pictures/AOLS_01.php
    >>
    >> houghi

    > Fmpmfpmmmfmp mfffmm fmmppf mffpffpffmfffmpmmmfmpmffpppmfm. Ffmppffmf
    > fmmmfpppffmfpmfmpm mmpmpp mmmfmmmfpmmmppmmppmpm ppfmpf
    > ffmppffmfpfffmmmpppmfmpf. Mmpmmmmpm mfpppffmfmfmmff, mmpmmmmpm.
    > Fmmmfpmmmppmmpp, fmmmfpmmmppmmpp. ;-)

    Mfffmp mpmmffmpmppp'fmp mfpmpppmfpfm, mmpmppmmfmmmfmffmmmpp Mff
    mmfppffmfpmfmpmppp'fmp pffmppmmmmpm mfffmp mmmpppffmfppmmmffm mpmfmfmpp
    fmpppf mfffmp mmpmppmffpppmfm pmpmppppppppmffmpfmffmppmpm!!

  15. Re: chk drive for errors?

    On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, class_a wrote:-

    >Mfffmp mpmmffmpmppp'fmp mfpmpppmfpfm, mmpmppmmfmmmfmffmmmpp Mff
    >mmfppffmfpmfmpmppp'fmp pffmppmmmmpm mfffmp mmmpppffmfppmmmffm mpmfmfmpp
    >fmpppf mfffmp mmpmppmffpppmfm pmpmppppppppmffmpfmffmppmpm!!

    Fppmpppmfpmf, pppppffpp ffmppffmf mmfmmmppp mpmmppmmfppfmpmmpp mfffmp
    :-)

    Pfmfmfpffmpppmfffm ppffmffmp ppfmpf mmffmfpffmffppffmmmfffmpffm,
    mmmpffmpp ffmppffmf fmffmmmffpppmfm pmpmppppppppffm.pfmpmf, mmm
    fppmppmmp-mmpmmmfmmmppmpm fmppffmmmpppfmmpmfmmmfmpppfpff, ppfpff
    fmpmfpmpp MfmFmfMff fpmmpppfffmmmffppfppp?

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    --
    Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 100 Mnodes/s: www.distributed.net
    RISC OS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit
    RISC OS 3.6 | SUSE 10.0 64bit | SUSE 10.1 64bit | openSUSE 10.2 64bit
    TOS 4.02 | SUSE 9.3 32bit | | openSUSE 10.3a5 32bit

  16. Re: chk drive for errors?

    On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:05:04 -0400, class_a wrote:

    > Mfffmp mpmmffmpmppp'fmp mfpmpppmfpfm, mmpmppmmfmmmfmffmmmpp Mff
    > mmfppffmfpmfmpmppp'fmp pffmppmmmmpm mfffmp mmmpppffmfppmmmffm mpmfmfmpp
    > fmpppf mfffmp mmpmppmffpppmfm pmpmppppppppmffmpfmffmppmpm!!

    Mfpmppffm, ffmppffmf mpfppffmfpppmpm mfffmp. Mfmppfppfmpm mpfppfpff
    ffmppffmf. Fppmpppmfmmfppfppmmpp fmpppf fmpmfpmpp pfmmmmpfffmpffm.

    --
    imotgm
    "Lost? Lost? I've never been lost... Been a tad confused for a
    month or two, but never lost."

  17. Re: chk drive for errors?

    David Bolt wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, class_a wrote:-
    >

    >> Mfffmp mpmmffmpmppp'fmp mfpmpppmfpfm, mmpmppmmfmmmfmffmmmpp Mff
    >> mmfppffmfpmfmpmppp'fmp pffmppmmmmpm mfffmp mmmpppffmfppmmmffm mpmfmfmpp
    >> fmpppf mfffmp mmpmppmffpppmfm pmpmppppppppmffmpfmffmppmpm!!

    > Fppmpppmfpmf, pppppffpp ffmppffmf mmfmmmppp mpmmppmmfppfmpmmpp mfffmp
    > :-)
    >
    > Pfmfmfpffmpppmfffm ppffmffmp ppfmpf mmffmfpffmffppffmmmfffmpffm,
    > mmmpffmpp ffmppffmf fmffmmmffpppmfm pmpmppppppppffm.pfmpmf, mmm
    > fppmppmmp-mmpmmmfmmmppmpm fmppffmmmpppfmmpmfmmmfmpppfpff, ppfpff
    > fmpmfpmpp MfmFmfMff fpmmpppfffmmmffppfppp?

    Mff'ppm fmffmmmffpppmfm
    mfpfmpfmppfm://fppfppfpp.pppmmmppmmppfmmfmfpfmpfmpffmppfmmfmmmppm pm.mmfppfppm/pmpmppppppppffm/

  18. Re: chk drive for errors?

    imotgm wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:05:04 -0400, class_a wrote:
    >
    >> Mfffmp mpmmffmpmppp'fmp mfpmpppmfpfm, mmpmppmmfmmmfmffmmmpp Mff
    >> mmfppffmfpmfmpmppp'fmp pffmppmmmmpm mfffmp mmmpppffmfppmmmffm mpmfmfmpp
    >> fmpppf mfffmp mmpmppmffpppmfm pmpmppppppppmffmpfmffmppmpm!!

    > Mfpmppffm, ffmppffmf mpfppffmfpppmpm mfffmp. Mfmppfppfmpm mpfppfpff
    > ffmppffmf. Fppmpppmfmmfppfppmmpp fmpppf fmpmfpmpp pfmmmmpfffmpffm.

    Fppmfpmpppffmpp'fmm fmpmfpmpp mpfpffmppmpp mmpmppmpppff?

  19. Re: chk drive for errors?

    On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, class_a wrote:-

    >Mff'ppm fmffmmmffpppmfm
    >mfpfmpfmppfm://fppfppfpp.pppmmmppmmppfmmfmfpfmpfmpffmppfmmfmmmppm pm.mmf
    >ppfppm/pmpmppppppppffm/

    Fmpmfpmpp mpfmffpfffmmfmp fpmmpppfffmmmffppfppp Mff mfmppffmp fppmmmfmm
    pmpmppppppppffm.pfmpmf mpfpffppfppm:

    mfpfmpfmppfm://fppfppfpp.mfp.fmmmfpfmfmpfmpfpmfmpp.mpmmpp/ppmmfffmpmmfmfp
    /fppmppmffpffmpm.mppppp.mfpfmpppmpmf

    Mmpfmffmp mfpmmmfmm pppppffpp ppmppffpmmppmpm fmpppf:

    mfpfmpfmppfm://fppfppfpp.mmfmfmmmmpffmmpfmm.mpmmpp/pmpmppppppppffm.mppppp
    ..mfpfmpppmpmf

    Mff pfmmmmmmfpmpmmmmfmmppmpm fmpmfpmmmfmp fmfpfm mmmfmm mmmppp PffPfmPpm
    mpfppfpff FmmFmfFmmMpp 9.3 fmpppf 10.3, mmmpppmpm mfpmmmfpmmpp mmm
    mmfppfpfmffm mmmfpmmmmmffpmfmmmmmppmfmpp mpfpffppfppm:

    mfpfmpfmppfm://fppfppfpp.mpmmmmfpmpmmmmmppm.ppfpffmfm/~mpmmmmfpmpmmmmmppm
    /pmfmffpppfmffpf/pmpmppppppppffm/

    Mff mmfmmmppp'fmp pffmppppmmppppmmmpmpppff fppmfpffm Mff
    fmmfmpfmfppmmmppmfmppmpm fmfpfmppfppp fmpmfpmpp MfmFmfMff
    fpmmpppfffmmmffppfppp, mmpfmffmp Mff fmpmfpppffmfmfmmfpfmp mfffmp
    fppppffmfpmfmpm mmpmpp fmffmmmppmpffmfpmf fmpppf pppppffmp mfpmmmfpmmpp
    fmpppf pmpmppmpppfm fmmfmppffmppmmmppmmffpppmfm fmpmppfpffmp
    fmpmfppffppffmfmfmmfp fmpmfpmpp .pfmpmf fpmmpppfffmmmffppfppp, fmmppf
    pfmmmmmmfpmpmmmmfmmppmpm fmpmfpmmmfmp fmfpfm mmmfmm fppmpppmfpmf.
    Fppmfpmffpmfmpp fmpmfpmmmfmp'fmm pfmmmmmmfpmpmmmmfmmppmpm mpfppfpff
    (ppfpfmmppppp)FmmFmfFmmMpp, mfffmp fppppfpffpmpfmm ppfppp mmmfmp
    pmfmppmmmfmmfmp ppfpppmpp pppppfppp-FmmFmfFmmMpp mpmmfffmmfmppffppf,
    mmmfmm mffppmppffmpmfmppm fmffmmmppfmm ppmffm pfmmmmmmfpmpmmmmfmmpp
    ppfppp PfmMmfPmfmffpppfmffpfPpfFmm. Fmpmfpmppppfpffffm mfffmm
    fmpmfpmmmfmp mfffmp fmmmfpppffmfpmfmpm mffpppfmmfmpmmmpmfpmf ppfppp
    mmmpppffm PffPfmPpm mmpmmmfmmmppmpm mpmmfffmmfmppffppf, mmpfmffmp
    fmpmfpmpp ppmmpppppfmf mpppppfmppffffm fppmffpmfpmf ppfppppmfffm
    fppppfpffpmp mpfppfpff fmpmfpppffmmmpp mpfppfpmfpmfppffppmffpppmfm
    fmpmfpmpp mpfpffmppmppmpmmppfmmpmpfmpppfpfm.ppfpffmfm ppmmpppppfmf
    fmmfmppfffmfmmffmpfmfpffmpp.

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    --
    Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 100 Mnodes/s: www.distributed.net
    RISC OS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit
    RISC OS 3.6 | SUSE 10.0 64bit | SUSE 10.1 64bit | openSUSE 10.2 64bit
    TOS 4.02 | SUSE 9.3 32bit | | openSUSE 10.3a5 32bit

  20. Re: chk drive for errors?

    On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, class_a wrote:-

    >imotgm wrote:
    >> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:05:04 -0400, class_a wrote:
    >>
    >>> Mfffmp mpmmffmpmppp'fmp mfpmpppmfpfm, mmpmppmmfmmmfmffmmmpp Mff
    >>> mmfppffmfpmfmpmppp'fmp pffmppmmmmpm mfffmp mmmpppffmfppmmmffm mpmfmfmpp
    >>> fmpppf mfffmp mmpmppmffpppmfm pmpmppppppppmffmpfmffmppmpm!!

    >> Mfpmppffm, ffmppffmf mpfppffmfpppmpm mfffmp. Mfmppfppfmpm mpfppfpff
    >> ffmppffmf. Fppmpppmfmmfppfppmmpp fmpppf fmpmfpmpp pfmmmmpfffmpffm.

    >Fppmfpmpppffmpp'fmm fmpmfpmpp mpfpffmppmpp mmpmppmpppff?

    Fppmfffmpmfp ffmppffmf mfmmppfmpfmpmffpppmfm fmpppf mfffmp mmm mmpmfffmp
    pmfmmmfmpmpp, mmmpfmmmmpfffmp mpfpffppfppm mmm mmfppffmfpfmpmfmpp ppfmpf
    fppmmmpffppm mmfmmmpppfmm ppfmpf mmmpmfmmfppfmfpppfpmf-mpfpffmppmpp
    mmfpffmmmpfm, mfffmp'fmm mmmpmfpffmppmmmmpmffm mmpmppmppppp
    mpmpfffmfppppmp.

    Fmpmfpmpppffmpp mmmpffmpp mmm mmfppffmfpfmpmfmpp ppfmpf mmpppffpppmffmm
    ppfmpf pfmpffmppfmpffpmpppmffmm ppffpmmpppff fmpmfpmpppffmpp mffmpf
    ffmppffmf fppmmmpppfmp fmmppfppmmpp ppfmpf fmpmfpppffmmmpp
    fmpmfpppffmfmfmmfp. :-)

    Regards,
    David Bolt