still got a boot problem - Suse

This is a discussion on still got a boot problem - Suse ; Hello, I Upgraded 10.1 to 10.2 now it hangs at the section for LVM, if I reset from there it boots OK. Any Thoughts ?...

  1. still got a boot problem

    Hello, I Upgraded 10.1 to 10.2 now it hangs at the section for LVM, if I
    reset from there it boots OK.

    Any Thoughts ?

  2. Re: still got a boot problem

    tyggy wrote:
    > Hello, I Upgraded 10.1 to 10.2 now it hangs at the section for LVM, if I
    > reset from there it boots OK.
    >
    > Any Thoughts ?

    I don't use LVM so just throwing ideas...did you by chance try to set up
    LVM and fail? Did you have it on 10.1 and did not want it on 10.2? Or
    maybe a peculiarity with your box.

  3. Re: still got a boot problem

    Barnacle Bill the Sailor wrote:

    > tyggy wrote:
    >> Hello, I Upgraded 10.1 to 10.2 now it hangs at the section for LVM, if I
    >> reset from there it boots OK.
    >>
    >> Any Thoughts ?

    > I don't use LVM so just throwing ideas...

    did you by chance try to set up
    > LVM and fail?

    Nope

    >Did you have it on 10.1 and did not want it on 10.2?

    Nope

    I don't use it at all. Strange but true. But if you go to the LVM in Yast it
    bombs if you try to change anything in there.

+ Reply to Thread