error 1012? - Suse

This is a discussion on error 1012? - Suse ; I just tried to install Open Suse 10.2 and went through the typical beginning with time zone, language etc and when the disk resizing started (reducing the C drive before installing Linux) it showed 0% progress and I could see ...

  1. error 1012?

    I just tried to install Open Suse 10.2 and went through the typical
    beginning with time zone, language etc and when the disk resizing started
    (reducing the C drive before installing Linux) it showed 0% progress and I
    could see the hard disk at work or seemingly so but after about ten minutes,
    I got a prompt that it couldn't continue and the error message was "error
    1012." I have no idea what this is and wonder if anyone can tell me if this
    is something I can work around or offer any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Tim

  2. Re: error 1012?

    TS Mathews wrote:

    > I just tried to install Open Suse 10.2 and went through the typical
    > beginning with time zone, language etc and when the disk resizing started
    > (reducing the C drive before installing Linux) it showed 0% progress and I
    > could see the hard disk at work or seemingly so but after about ten
    > minutes, I got a prompt that it couldn't continue and the error message
    > was "error 1012." *I have no idea what this is and wonder if anyone can
    > tell me if this is something I can work around or offer any suggestions?

    try to make a partition first (with windows? ) for openSUSE
    & install it on the new partition;-)

    i have found
    http://en.opensuse.org/Talk:PPC_Installation_Issues
    --