reliable video viewing/editing software for OpenSuSE10.1/10.2 - Suse

This is a discussion on reliable video viewing/editing software for OpenSuSE10.1/10.2 - Suse ; Hello all! I am wondering if anyone can recommend a video tool (editing, viewing, etc.) that works reliably under OpenSuSE 10.1/10.2. I have used VLC, Cinelerra, etc. - but s far the results are not very impressive (formats not supported, ...

  1. reliable video viewing/editing software for OpenSuSE10.1/10.2

    Hello all!

    I am wondering if anyone can recommend a video tool (editing, viewing,
    etc.) that works reliably under OpenSuSE 10.1/10.2. I have used VLC,
    Cinelerra, etc. - but s far the results are not very impressive
    (formats not supported, core dumps, etc.)

    Thanks.

    Boris.

  2. Re: reliable video viewing/editing software for OpenSuSE10.1/10.2

    borepstein@gmail.com wrote:

    > I am wondering if anyone can recommend a video tool (editing, viewing,
    > etc.) that works reliably under OpenSuSE 10.1/10.2. I have used VLC,
    > Cinelerra, etc. - but s far the results are not very impressive
    > (formats not supported, core dumps, etc.)

    avidemux
    kino, for import DV stuff

    simple gui software
    KVideoEncoder
    Kmediafactory
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  3. Re: reliable video viewing/editing software for OpenSuSE10.1/10.2

    EOS wrote:
    > borepstein@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> I am wondering if anyone can recommend a video tool (editing, viewing,
    >> etc.) that works reliably under OpenSuSE 10.1/10.2. I have used VLC,
    >> Cinelerra, etc. - but s far the results are not very impressive
    >> (formats not supported, core dumps, etc.)

    > avidemux
    > kino, for import DV stuff
    >
    > simple gui software
    > KVideoEncoder
    > Kmediafactory

    I use avidemux2 for simple editing. Works pretty well.

  4. Re: reliable video viewing/editing software for OpenSuSE10.1/10.2

    borepstein@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello all!
    >
    > I am wondering if anyone can recommend a video tool (editing, viewing,
    > etc.) that works reliably under OpenSuSE 10.1/10.2. I have used VLC,
    > Cinelerra, etc. - but s far the results are not very impressive
    > (formats not supported, core dumps, etc.)
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Boris.

    For video capture from an MiniDV camcoder, as well as editing, Kino
    works great for me. I use DVDStyler to make DVDs from my videos.

+ Reply to Thread