Package sources - Suse

This is a discussion on Package sources - Suse ; New to Suse 10.2 Is there a way of adding package sources to Suse rather than using only the Suse source? Thanks Frank...

  1. Package sources

    New to Suse 10.2

    Is there a way of adding package sources to Suse rather than using only
    the Suse source?

    Thanks

    Frank

  2. Re: Package sources

    FJG skrev:
    > New to Suse 10.2
    >
    > Is there a way of adding package sources to Suse rather than using only
    > the Suse source?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Frank

    http://en.opensuse.org/Package_Repositories
    http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_Ya...e_Repositories
    Inge Svensson

  3. Re: Package sources

    Inge Svensson wrote:

    > FJG skrev:
    >> New to Suse 10.2
    >>
    >> Is there a way of adding package sources to Suse rather than using only
    >> the Suse source?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Frank
    >>

    > http://en.opensuse.org/Package_Repositories
    > http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_Ya...e_Repositories
    > Inge Svensson

    I would also recommend command line program zypper to add, remove and list
    repositories. It is faster than YaST Installation Sources.

    I was ignoring it since SUSE 10.1, but recently tried it out and it will be
    used for managing repositories, installing single software packages, and
    maybe few more tasks that it performs better (faster, but YMMV). YaST
    Software Management will stay as tool of choice for search and browsing
    repositories.
    --
    Regards,
    Rajko.