Suse 9 & HP DL 585 G2 + SMART Array Controller - Suse

This is a discussion on Suse 9 & HP DL 585 G2 + SMART Array Controller - Suse ; Hi I am having issues trying to get Suse 9 installed on a DL585 G2. It cannot see a hard drive & despite downloading the last 2 versions of the drivers for the P400 SMART Array Controller and using F6 ...

  1. Suse 9 & HP DL 585 G2 + SMART Array Controller

    Hi

    I am having issues trying to get Suse 9 installed on a DL585 G2. It
    cannot see a hard drive & despite downloading the last 2 versions of
    the drivers for the P400 SMART Array Controller and using F6 to update
    driver it still won't detect a hard disk.

    Any ideas/help appreciated.

    TIA.

  2. Re: Suse 9 & HP DL 585 G2 + SMART Array Controller

    Sean wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am having issues trying to get Suse 9 installed on a DL585 G2. It
    > cannot see a hard drive & despite downloading the last 2 versions of
    > the drivers for the P400 SMART Array Controller and using F6 to update
    > driver it still won't detect a hard disk.

    What's a SUSE 9?

    You mean SLES 9? Are you running SP3 (booting from the SP3 CD)?

    > Any ideas/help appreciated.
    >
    > TIA.

  3. Re: Suse 9 & HP DL 585 G2 + SMART Array Controller

    On 3 Jul, 23:46, Chris Cox wrote:
    > Sean wrote:
    > > Hi

    > > I am having issues trying to get Suse 9 installed on a DL585 G2. It
    > > cannot see a hard drive & despite downloading the last 2 versions of
    > > the drivers for the P400 SMART Array Controller and using F6 to update
    > > driver it still won't detect a hard disk.

    > What's a SUSE 9?
    >
    > You mean SLES 9? Are you running SP3 (booting from the SP3 CD)?

    Hi Chris

    Cheers. We managed to figure this out last night, it's been a right
    pain though as it's all remote sing ILO2 and having to use virtual
    CD's etc. Still not installed yet as having problems reading the CD's
    or at least getting package installation failures.

    Thanks for the heads up anyway.

+ Reply to Thread