Not an automount question... - Suse

This is a discussion on Not an automount question... - Suse ; Hi, dont know what I'm looking for... I'm using SuSE10.2 with default setup, where automount appears not to be active. "Who" ist mounting/unmounting my CD/DVD/USB Stick/HD-Partition and where/how do I configure it? Eg. special mountpoints / aliases or options for ...

  1. Not an automount question...

    Hi,

    dont know what I'm looking for...

    I'm using SuSE10.2 with default setup, where automount
    appears not to be active.

    "Who" ist mounting/unmounting my CD/DVD/USB Stick/HD-Partition
    and where/how do I configure it? Eg. special mountpoints / aliases
    or options for some devices...

    O.J.

  2. Re: Not an automount question...

    On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:32:03 +0200, Ole Jansen wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > dont know what I'm looking for...
    >
    > I'm using SuSE10.2 with default setup, where automount
    > appears not to be active.
    >
    > "Who" ist mounting/unmounting my CD/DVD/USB Stick/HD-Partition
    > and where/how do I configure it? Eg. special mountpoints / aliases
    > or options for some devices...
    >
    > O.J.

    'automount' is a process whereby you set up certain directories (usually
    on remote machines) to be mounted automatically when they are referenced
    and the automatically unmounted after some specified period of inactivity.
    I believe you may be referring to 'hotplug' - whereby devices are mounted
    when they are plugged in.

+ Reply to Thread