cpu states in top - Suse

This is a discussion on cpu states in top - Suse ; Can anyone here tell me where to find documentation that defines the hi, si and st entries in the cpu state portion of top. This is for openSUSE 10.2. TIA, Dennis -- Dennis Golden Golden Consulting Services Change 'invalid' to ...

  1. cpu states in top

    --
    Dennis Golden
    Golden Consulting Services
    Change 'invalid' to 'com' to reply by email.

  2. Re: cpu states in top

    On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 13:37:19 -0500
    Dennis Golden wrote:

    > Can anyone here tell me where to find documentation that defines the
    > hi, si and st entries in the cpu state portion of top. This is for
    > openSUSE 10.2.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Dennis

    Hi
    man mpstat

    %hi -> %irq (hardware irq)
    %si -> %soft (software irq)
    %st -> %steal ( virtual cpu waiting)

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)

  3. Re: cpu states in top

    On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 14:10:05 -0500, Malcolm wrote:

    >> Can anyone here tell me where to find documentation that defines the
    >> hi, si and st entries in the cpu state portion of top. This is for
    >> openSUSE 10.2.
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >>
    >> Dennis

    > Hi
    > man mpstat
    >
    > %hi -> %irq (hardware irq)
    > %si -> %soft (software irq)
    > %st -> %steal ( virtual cpu waiting)

    Thank you so much. I just installed from guru

    --
    Dennis Golden
    Golden Consulting Services
    Change 'invalid' to 'com' to reply by email.

+ Reply to Thread