Evolution - Suse

This is a discussion on Evolution - Suse ; I recently tried and didn't like Kubuntu and am about to give Suse 10.2 a try. I've seen several posts and/or items about Evolution being the Gnome e-mail client. Am I to assume from this that if I choose the ...

  1. Evolution

    I recently tried and didn't like Kubuntu and am about to give Suse 10.2 a
    try. I've seen several posts and/or items about Evolution being the Gnome
    e-mail client. Am I to assume from this that if I choose the KDE desktop, I
    can't use Evolution? From what I've read, it sure sounds like the exact
    program I want as it has mail, contact and calendar all in one program.

    Thanks,
    Tim

  2. Re: Evolution

    Some being by the name of TS Mathews managed to piece together the
    following:

    > I recently tried and didn't like Kubuntu and am about to give Suse 10.2 a
    > try. I've seen several posts and/or items about Evolution being the Gnome
    > e-mail client. Am I to assume from this that if I choose the KDE desktop,
    > can't use Evolution? From what I've read, it sure sounds like the exact
    > program I want as it has mail, contact and calendar all in one program.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tim

    You can use Evolution from KDE, it makes no difference. Yast2 will install
    the Gnome dependences. Evolution is very good and one of the best that I've
    seen in all this time.

    --
    The trouble with women is that they never put the toilet seat back up!

  3. Re: Evolution

    "TGGA" wrote in message
    news:idednXK1obXCgRXbnZ2dnUVZ8srinZ2d@eclipse.net. uk...
    > Some being by the name of TS Mathews managed to piece together the
    > following:
    >
    >> I recently tried and didn't like Kubuntu and am about to give Suse 10.2 a
    >> try. I've seen several posts and/or items about Evolution being the
    >> Gnome
    >> e-mail client. Am I to assume from this that if I choose the KDE
    >> desktop,
    >> can't use Evolution? From what I've read, it sure sounds like the exact
    >> program I want as it has mail, contact and calendar all in one program.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Tim

    > You can use Evolution from KDE, it makes no difference. Yast2 will install
    > the Gnome dependences. Evolution is very good and one of the best that
    > I've
    > seen in all this time.

    Fantastic...I though it would be odd if a particular user interface was
    necessary for a program but not seeing anything, anywhere about KDE with
    Evolution, I was a bit concerned. From what I've read, it makes it sound as
    though by changing my pocket pc for a Palm I can make the Linux change,
    using Evolution with ease.

    Thanks for the help.

    Tim

+ Reply to Thread