Re: https question - Suse

This is a discussion on Re: https question - Suse ; On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 18:13:52 GMT Henk Oegema wrote: > George Peatty wrote: > > > > Perhaps others here can help you, but I have limited experience in > > these matters. Sorry .. > > No problem ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Re: https question

  1. Re: https question

    On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 18:13:52 GMT
    Henk Oegema wrote:

    > George Peatty wrote:
    > >
    > > Perhaps others here can help you, but I have limited experience in
    > > these matters. Sorry ..

    >
    > No problem :-). So have I.
    >

    Hi Henk
    You do get around regarding apache ;-)
    You need to have openssl installed, enable mod_ssl and create some
    certificates oh and also enable port 443.

    Are you compiling from source, or a prebuilt package?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 SP1 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.46-0.14-smp
    up 5 days 20:30, 2 users, load average: 0.20, 0.19, 0.13

  2. Re: https question

    Malcolm wrote:

    > On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 18:13:52 GMT
    > Henk Oegema wrote:
    >
    >> George Peatty wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Perhaps others here can help you, but I have limited experience in
    >> > these matters. Sorry ..

    >>
    >> No problem :-). So have I.
    >>

    > Hi Henk
    > You do get around regarding apache ;-)


    No, not really.
    Apache2 works fine, but I'm still struggling with the SSl
    (on my Kubuntu system (where I also use to meet you) Apache2 doesn't work,
    but Apache and SSL works fine)

    > You need to have openssl installed, enable mod_ssl and create some
    > certificates oh and also enable port 443.


    I have openssl installed.
    How to enable mod_ssl? ('yast -i mod_ssl' doesn't work)

    > Are you compiling from source, or a prebuilt package?


    I use Yast to install

    >



    Henk

  3. Re: https question

    On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:13:18 GMT
    Henk Oegema wrote:

    > Malcolm wrote:
    >
    > > On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 18:13:52 GMT
    > > Henk Oegema wrote:
    > >
    > >> George Peatty wrote:
    > >> >
    > >> > Perhaps others here can help you, but I have limited experience
    > >> > in these matters. Sorry ..
    > >>
    > >> No problem :-). So have I.
    > >>

    > > Hi Henk
    > > You do get around regarding apache ;-)

    >
    > No, not really.
    > Apache2 works fine, but I'm still struggling with the SSl
    > (on my Kubuntu system (where I also use to meet you) Apache2 doesn't
    > work, but Apache and SSL works fine)
    >
    > > You need to have openssl installed, enable mod_ssl and create some
    > > certificates oh and also enable port 443.

    >
    > I have openssl installed.
    > How to enable mod_ssl? ('yast -i mod_ssl' doesn't work)
    >
    > > Are you compiling from source, or a prebuilt package?

    >
    > I use Yast to install
    >
    > >

    >
    >
    > Henk

    Hi
    For apache2 is there a directory called mods-enabled and
    mods-available? If so you just create a softlink in the mods-enabled to
    the mods-available;

    e.g.
    ln -s

    ln
    -s /etc/apache2/mods-available/ssl.load /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/ssl.load
    ln
    -s /etc/apache2/mods-available/ssl.conf /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/ssl.conf

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 SP1 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.46-0.14-smp
    up 6 days 14:41, 2 users, load average: 0.10, 0.11, 0.08

  4. Re: https question

    Henk Oegema wrote:
    > I have openssl installed.
    > How to enable mod_ssl? ('yast -i mod_ssl' doesn't work)


    That is because it most likely is already installed.

    Look in /etc/apache2/ for the configuration files.

    The file you looking for to install is mod_ssl.so and is included in
    ../DVD1/suse/i586/apache2-worker-2.2.3-20.i586.rpm and also in
    ../DVD1/suse/i586/apache2-prefork-2.2.3-20.i586.rpm and their 64 bit
    brothers

    The file to configure starts with ss and ends with config. Well, at
    least that is my guestimate.

    houghi
    --
    It's people. Source code is made out of people! They're making our
    source out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle
    for code. You've gotta tell them. You've gotta tell them!

  5. Re: https question

    houghi wrote:


    > That is because it most likely is already installed.
    >
    > Look in /etc/apache2/ for the configuration files.
    >
    >


    This is what I have in /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf:

    #
    # Files in this directory are created at apache start time
    by /usr/sbin/rcapache2
    # Do not edit them!
    #

    # as listed in APACHE_MODULES (/etc/sysconfig/apache2)

    ......
    ......
    ......
    ......
    LoadModule mime_module /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_mime.so
    LoadModule negotiation_module /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_negotiation.so
    LoadModule setenvif_module /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_setenvif.so

    LoadModule ssl_module /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_ssl.so <------THIS ONE ?

    LoadModule suexec_module /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_suexec.so
    LoadModule userdir_module /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_userdir.so
    LoadModule php5_module /usr/lib/apache2/mod_php5.so
    #

    This means that mod_ssl is loaded, isn't it ?





  6. Re: https question

    Malcolm wrote:

    > On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:13:18 GMT
    > Henk Oegema wrote:
    >
    >> Malcolm wrote:
    >>
    >> > On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 18:13:52 GMT
    >> > Henk Oegema wrote:
    >> >


    > Hi
    > For apache2 is there a directory called mods-enabled and
    > mods-available?


    NO, there isn't.
    (but in my Kubuntu Apache their is)

    Henk


  7. Re: https question

    Henk Oegema wrote:
    > This is what I have in /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf:
    >
    > #
    > # Files in this directory are created at apache start time
    > by /usr/sbin/rcapache2
    > # Do not edit them!


    The above says much


    > LoadModule ssl_module /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_ssl.so <------THIS ONE ?


    > This means that mod_ssl is loaded, isn't it ?


    Looks like it, yes. As you have php running, why not maker an info php
    page and see what is running. ;-)

    houghi
    --
    It's people. Source code is made out of people! They're making our
    source out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle
    for code. You've gotta tell them. You've gotta tell them!

  8. Re: https question

    Henk Oegema wrote:
    > Malcolm wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:13:18 GMT
    >> Henk Oegema wrote:
    >>
    >>> Malcolm wrote:
    >>>
    >>> > On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 18:13:52 GMT
    >>> > Henk Oegema wrote:
    >>> >

    >
    >> Hi
    >> For apache2 is there a directory called mods-enabled and
    >> mods-available?

    >
    > NO, there isn't.
    > (but in my Kubuntu Apache their is)


    What DO you have?n This is what I have:

    houghi@penne : tree -d /etc/apache2/
    /etc/apache2/
    |-- conf.d
    |-- extra
    |-- ssl.crl
    |-- ssl.crt
    |-- ssl.csr
    |-- ssl.key [error opening dir]
    |-- ssl.prm
    |-- sysconfig.d
    `-- vhosts.d


    houghi
    --
    It's people. Source code is made out of people! They're making our
    source out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle
    for code. You've gotta tell them. You've gotta tell them!

+ Reply to Thread