kde cpu load applet - Suse

This is a discussion on kde cpu load applet - Suse ; opensuse 10.2 Amazingly, after 1.5 hrs of googleing I can't find one. Oh I found some signs that they are out there, but links didnt work, or actual downloads could not be found. gimmie a break, there must be something? ...

  1. kde cpu load applet

    opensuse 10.2

    Amazingly, after 1.5 hrs of googleing I can't find one. Oh I found some
    signs that they are out there, but links didnt work, or actual downloads
    could not be found. gimmie a break, there must be something?

    That system monitor is ugly, and the ksysguard thing doesnt work. it
    wants to ssh to a local daemon??! AHHHHHHHH

    I just want a simple bar or even just %text to show cpu load updated
    once per second. In applet form to go on my kde bar. anyone?

  2. Re: kde cpu load applet

    On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:04:27 -0700, fancyfunpanel wrote:

    > opensuse 10.2
    >
    > Amazingly, after 1.5 hrs of googleing I can't find one. Oh I found some
    > signs that they are out there, but links didnt work, or actual downloads
    > could not be found. gimmie a break, there must be something?
    >
    > That system monitor is ugly, and the ksysguard thing doesnt work. it wants
    > to ssh to a local daemon??! AHHHHHHHH
    >
    > I just want a simple bar or even just %text to show cpu load updated once
    > per second. In applet form to go on my kde bar. anyone?

    gkrellm, off your cd or from
    ftp://suse.mirrors.tds.net/pub/opensuse/distribution/
    \SL-10.0-OSS/inst-source/suse/i586/gkrellm-2.2.7-2-i586.rpm

  3. Re: kde cpu load applet

    graham schreef:
    > On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:04:27 -0700, fancyfunpanel wrote:
    >
    >> opensuse 10.2
    >>
    >> Amazingly, after 1.5 hrs of googleing I can't find one. Oh I found some
    >> signs that they are out there, but links didnt work, or actual downloads
    >> could not be found. gimmie a break, there must be something?
    >>
    >> That system monitor is ugly, and the ksysguard thing doesnt work. it wants
    >> to ssh to a local daemon??! AHHHHHHHH
    >>
    >> I just want a simple bar or even just %text to show cpu load updated once
    >> per second. In applet form to go on my kde bar. anyone?

    > gkrellm, off your cd or from
    > ftp://suse.mirrors.tds.net/pub/opensuse/distribution/
    > \SL-10.0-OSS/inst-source/suse/i586/gkrellm-2.2.7-2-i586.rpm

    Conky from packman repo does system monitoring and it's very configurable.

  4. Re: kde cpu load applet

    fancyfunpanel wrote:

    > opensuse 10.2
    >
    > Amazingly, after 1.5 hrs of googleing I can't find one. Oh I found some
    > signs that they are out there, but links didnt work, or actual downloads
    > could not be found. gimmie a break, there must be something?
    >
    > That system monitor is ugly, and the ksysguard thing doesnt work. it
    > wants to ssh to a local daemon??! AHHHHHHHH
    >
    > I just want a simple bar or even just %text to show cpu load updated
    > once per second. In applet form to go on my kde bar. anyone?

    it would help if you can tell us what your system is and what results do you
    get if you run sensors-detect from console

  5. Re: kde cpu load applet

    fancyfunpanel wrote:

    > I just want a simple bar or even just %text to show cpu load updated
    > once per second. In applet form to go on my kde bar. anyone?

    ksensors
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  6. Re: kde cpu load applet

    On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:04:27 -0700, fancyfunpanel wrote:

    > That system monitor is ugly, and the ksysguard thing doesnt work. it
    > wants
    > to ssh to a local daemon??! AHHHHHHHH

    > I just want a simple bar or even just %text to show cpu load updated once
    > per second. In applet form to go on my kde bar. anyone?

    konsole -e top
    gkrellm
    gkrellm w/lm_sensors enabled

    Note: lm_sensors most likely will need voltage and temperature
    calibration. That can be done by modifying /etc/sensors.conf.

    First check to see if you have lm_sensors installed which suse just
    calls sensors.

    As far as getting it to fit on your task bar, I doubt you'll find
    anything so specific. However you can force the ones I suggested to open
    on the same desktop and only one desktop using KDE.

    I monitor CPU load, CPU temp, fan speeds, voltages plus disk and ETH0
    activity with these two.

    Email - rsgibson@verizon.borg
    Replace borg with net

  7. Re: kde cpu load applet