Mouse Wheel - Can Paste Function Be Disabled? - Suse

This is a discussion on Mouse Wheel - Can Paste Function Be Disabled? - Suse ; Is there a way to disable the paste function on the mousewheel. I am finding that when I use my mousewheel to scroll through a text file that I am editing, I sometimes inadvertently press the mousewheel down. This pastes ...

  1. Mouse Wheel - Can Paste Function Be Disabled?

    Is there a way to disable the paste function on the mousewheel.

    I am finding that when I use my mousewheel to scroll through a text file
    that I am editing, I sometimes inadvertently press the mousewheel down.
    This pastes in the last selected text. Inconvenient and dangerous.

    The mousewheel is excellent for scrolling, but can I disable its 'paste'
    function?

    I am running KDE on OpenSuse 10.1

    Chris Gordon-Smith
    www.simsoup.info

  2. Re: Mouse Wheel - Can Paste Function Be Disabled?

    Chris Gordon-Smith schrieb:

    > I am finding that when I use my mousewheel to scroll through a text
    > file that I am editing, I sometimes inadvertently press the
    > mousewheel down. This pastes in the last selected text. Inconvenient
    > and dangerous.

    it's always the same with using bad hardware...

    greets

    Gerhard

  3. Re: Mouse Wheel - Can Paste Function Be Disabled?

    Gerhard Maerker wrote:

    > Chris Gordon-Smith schrieb:
    >
    >> I am finding that when I use my mousewheel to scroll through a text
    >> file that I am editing, I sometimes inadvertently press the
    >> mousewheel down. This pastes in the last selected text. Inconvenient
    >> and dangerous.

    > it's always the same with using bad hardware...

    What alternative would you suggest?

    Chris Gordon-Smith
    www.simsoup.info

  4. Re: Mouse Wheel - Can Paste Function Be Disabled?

    Chris Gordon-Smith schrieb:

    > What alternative would you suggest?

    I use a Saitek M-166 optical Mouse which works fine..

    Gerhard

  5. Re: Mouse Wheel - Can Paste Function Be Disabled?

    Chris Gordon-Smith wrote:

    > Is there a way to disable the paste function on the mousewheel.
    >
    > I am finding that when I use my mousewheel to scroll through a text file
    > that I am editing, I sometimes inadvertently press the mousewheel down.
    > This pastes in the last selected text. Inconvenient and dangerous.
    >
    > The mousewheel is excellent for scrolling, but can I disable its 'paste'
    > function?
    >
    > I am running KDE on OpenSuse 10.1
    >
    > Chris Gordon-Smith
    > www.simsoup.info

    If your using KDE then right click on klipper ->Configure Klipper ->Actions
    Tab. Expand all the [+] categories and modify/add/delete when clipboard
    contents are /aren't used. Of course, as always, I'm just guessing.

    But I'm pretty sure I aint' wrong...

    P.S. My guess is that for each/any application where you don't want the
    contents of klippy pasted into it, just remove the '%s'in that line...

    There's a good probability one way or the other....

    :-)

+ Reply to Thread