intel pro/1000 gt driver - Suse

This is a discussion on intel pro/1000 gt driver - Suse ; I just purchased the pro/1000 gt nic. Suse 10.2 does not seem to have a diver for them. I downloade the latest driver source from intel. I am still confused aboutgetting a driver installed. Where can I fing some assistance? ...

  1. intel pro/1000 gt driver

    I just purchased the pro/1000 gt nic. Suse 10.2 does not seem to have a
    diver for them. I downloade the latest driver source from intel. I am
    still confused aboutgetting a driver installed.

    Where can I fing some assistance?

    Thanks for your assistance.

    --
    mcdoo

  2. Re: intel pro/1000 gt driver

    McDoo wrote:
    > I just purchased the pro/1000 gt nic. Suse 10.2 does not seem to have a
    > diver for them. I downloade the latest driver source from intel. I am
    > still confused aboutgetting a driver installed.

    I had a similar problem with SLES 9.3. I followed the instructions in
    the Intel driver to create an RPM, then I installed the RPM, and Yast
    then configured everything normally.

    The first thing you need to do is create a kernel source tree. I had
    one already, but I don't remember how I made it.

  3. Re: intel pro/1000 gt driver

    On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 06:56:45 -0500, Timur Tabi wrote:

    > The first thing you need to do is create a kernel source tree. I had
    > one already, but I don't remember how I made it.

    By installing the kernel-source package.

    Make sure you install the right source for your kernel. Issue...

    uname -a

    To get that information. Match the version numbers.

    Email - rsgibson@verizon.borg
    Replace borg with net

+ Reply to Thread