    site (HOWTO or guide sites) says differently.

    So if anyone installed this app what set of directions (URL or site
    keyword search) would you suggest I follow in configuring it. Of course
    there are also the default instructions at mythtv.org

    TIA...

    Email - rsgibson@verizon.borg
    Replace borg with net

  2. Re: Need "Dummies Guide to MythTV" :(

    Ron Gibson wrote:
    > Oh boy this is a complicated one for me. I know this works outstanding
    > as a cyber-friend in another Linux NG says it works great.
    >
    > I got it all installed on OpSuse 10.1. A google search turned up
    > numerous hits, one of which says I don't really need MySQL, for example,
    > which would be fine as I have zero experience with that. But yet another
    > site (HOWTO or guide sites) says differently.
    >
    > So if anyone installed this app what set of directions (URL or site
    > keyword search) would you suggest I follow in configuring it. Of course
    > there are also the default instructions at mythtv.org
    >
    > TIA...

    Setting up MythTV can be a daunting task.. For an easier, nearly
    foolproof install, try KnoppMyth..

    http://www.mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html

    Been using it for a couple of years, works great..

  3. Re: Need "Dummies Guide to MythTV" :(

    Ron Gibson writes:

    > So if anyone installed this app what set of directions (URL or site
    > keyword search) would you suggest I follow in configuring it. Of course
    > there are also the default instructions at mythtv.org

    It is actually not that hard:

    http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Opensuse_10.2

    Charles

    --
    printk("%s: confused, missing data\n", drive->name);
    linux-2.6.6/drivers/ide/ide-cd.c

  4. Re: Need "Dummies Guide to MythTV" :(

    Ron Gibson wrote:

    > Oh boy this is a complicated one for me. I know this works outstanding
    > as a cyber-friend in another Linux NG says it works great

    Go here:

    http://www.acaciaclose.co.uk/28654/31810.html

    The best guide you could imagine!

    --
    _________________________
    SuSE 10.1

  5. Re: Need "Dummies Guide to MythTV" :(

    On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 17:46:46 +0200, Oliver Cromwell wrote:

    >> Oh boy this is a complicated one for me. I know this works outstanding
    >> as a cyber-friend in another Linux NG says it works great

    > Go here:

    > http://www.acaciaclose.co.uk/28654/31810.html

    > The best guide you could imagine!

    It does look good.