Power Save - Suse

This is a discussion on Power Save - Suse ; When booting into the Failsafe mode the system will wait ~10 minutes and then the screen will go blank. Booting into a Windows partition this doesn't happen. As this system is to run an always on 'kiosk' application we need ...

  1. Power Save

    When booting into the Failsafe mode the system will wait ~10 minutes and
    then the screen will go blank. Booting into a Windows partition this
    doesn't happen. As this system is to run an always on 'kiosk'
    application we need to find some way to stop the screen from blanking.
    Is there a Yast function that controls this behavior?

    Thanks
    Paul

  2. Re: Power Save

    On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:44:52 -0500, Paul Thompson wrote:

    > When booting into the Failsafe mode the system will wait ~10 minutes and
    > then the screen will go blank. Booting into a Windows partition this
    > doesn't happen. As this system is to run an always on 'kiosk'
    > application we need to find some way to stop the screen from blanking.
    > Is there a Yast function that controls this behavior?

    Sounds like ACPI problems, you can disable this by editing
    /boot/grub/menu.lst or tweaking things in YaST.

    http://www.vmware.com/community/thre...threadID=29822

    http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/d...1/ch09s06.html

+ Reply to Thread