On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:15:49 -0400
Pat wrote:

> Once Vista installs itself, I think it will overwrite the Grub boot
> loader, so I'll lose my ability to run SUSE (on hdb). Is that correct
> also? If so, how can I restore that? Assuming everything else I've
> mentioned is true, this is the only part of this process I'm not
> clear on.
>
> Thanks. -Pat

Hi
On my notebook, I installed grub on the partition with the /boot on it.
Have a look at yast->bootloader and get it booting there first and you
should be fine if the MBR gets overwritten. You can then just add a
chainload statement for the vista partition.

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
SLED 10.0 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.46-0.12-smp