kde panel dissappeared after upgrade - Suse

This is a discussion on kde panel dissappeared after upgrade - Suse ; Dear readers, After the latest upgrade to kde 3.5.7 "release 43.1" my panel dissapeared. Is the any way to bring it back without de-upgrading? Kind Regards, Peter -- mailto eter@dharma.dyndns.info...

  1. kde panel dissappeared after upgrade

    --
    mailtoeter@dharma.dyndns.info

  2. Re: kde panel dissappeared after upgrade

    Peter Terpstra wrote:

    > Dear readers,
    >
    > After the latest upgrade to kde 3.5.7 "release 43.1" my panel
    > dissapeared. Is the any way to bring it back without de-upgrading?
    >
    > Kind Regards,
    >
    > Peter

    1. Right click on the desktop.
    2. Run Command
    3. Konsole
    4. In konsole run kcontrol
    5. In kcontrol choose Desktop
    6. Depending on what is wrong you may want to check 'Panels'->'Hiding'.
    Look around and see what else might affect your desktop. Look at 'Taskbar'
    as well.

  3. Re: kde panel dissappeared after upgrade

    Michael Soibelman in :

    > Depending on what is wrong you may want to check 'Panels'->'Hiding'.
    > Look around and see what else might affect your desktop. *Look at
    > 'Taskbar' as well.

    Thanks for your answer but thats not the case. It happened after the last
    upgrade.

    Kind regards,

    Peter

    --
    mailtoeter@dharma.dyndns.info

  4. solved (was Re: kde panel dissappeared after upgrade)

    Peter Terpstra in <3623523.DN3E71uFLH@dharma> :

    > Re: kde panel dissappeared after upgrade

    I forgot I also did a kleansweep yesterday. Set back the older ~/.kde
    directory from my bacup -> session restart -> and there was my panel back
    again.

    Thanks,

    Peter

    --