GUI for configuring Apache2? - Suse

This is a discussion on GUI for configuring Apache2? - Suse ; Does such a beast exist? I googled a lot and found that in the past there have existed quite a few GUI's both commercial and free for the old Apache versions, but none of those links seem to work anymore ...

  1. GUI for configuring Apache2?

    Does such a beast exist? I googled a lot and found that in the past there
    have existed quite a few GUI's both commercial and free for the old Apache
    versions, but none of those links seem to work anymore
    (gui.apache.org...among others) and all of them seem to have been for older
    versions.

    Neko

  2. Re: GUI for configuring Apache2?

    KuroNeko wrote:
    > Does such a beast exist?

    YaST

    --
    Vahis

  3. Re: GUI for configuring Apache2?

    KuroNeko wrote:

    > Does such a beast exist? I googled a lot and found that in the past there
    > have existed quite a few GUI's both commercial and free for the old Apache
    > versions, but none of those links seem to work anymore
    > (gui.apache.org...among others) and all of them seem to have been for
    > older versions.
    >
    > Neko

    Besides the Yast HTTPD module there's this one...

    GAdminHTTPD.

    http://freshmeat.net/projects/gadmin...ease_id=255875

  4. Re: GUI for configuring Apache2?

    KuroNeko wrote:
    > Does such a beast exist? I googled a lot and found that in the past there
    > have existed quite a few GUI's both commercial and free for the old Apache
    > versions, but none of those links seem to work anymore
    > (gui.apache.org...among others) and all of them seem to have been for older
    > versions.

    gvim

    houghi
    --
    We all came out to Montreux Frank Zappa and the Mothers
    On the Lake Geneva shoreline Were at the best place around

  5. Re: GUI for configuring Apache2?

    On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, houghi wrote:-

    >KuroNeko wrote:
    >> Does such a beast exist? I googled a lot and found that in the past there
    >> have existed quite a few GUI's both commercial and free for the old Apache
    >> versions, but none of those links seem to work anymore
    >> (gui.apache.org...among others) and all of them seem to have been for older
    >> versions.

    >gvim

    EMACS-X11

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    --
    Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 50 Mnodes/s: http://www.distributed.net/
    RISCOS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit

  6. Re: GUI for configuring Apache2?

    KuroNeko wrote:
    > Does such a beast exist? I googled a lot and found that in the past there
    > have existed quite a few GUI's both commercial and free for the old Apache
    > versions, but none of those links seem to work anymore
    > (gui.apache.org...among others) and all of them seem to have been for older
    > versions.
    >
    > Neko

    You might try Webmin, it has some tools for configuring Apache2 in it,
    and it runs in a web browser. you can download a rpm version and install
    it by just double clicking the rpm and letting yast2 do the rest.

    http://www.webmin.com/

    Hope that Helps
    Jim

    --
    Linux Website Links http://myweb.cableone.net/okieman7/linux.htm
    Registered Linux User# 376156

  7. Re: GUI for configuring Apache2?

    David Bolt writes:

    > EMACS-X11

    LOL, you are evil. Let me contribute to it:

    http://www.dina.kvl.dk/~abraham/reli...itors-101.html

    vi is such a menace. ;-)

    Charles

    --
    Calling EMACS an editor is like calling Earth a hunk of dirt.
    -- Chris DiBona

  8. Re: GUI for configuring Apache2?

    David Bolt schreef:
    > On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, houghi wrote:-
    >
    >> KuroNeko wrote:
    >>> Does such a beast exist? I googled a lot and found that in the past there
    >>> have existed quite a few GUI's both commercial and free for the old Apache
    >>> versions, but none of those links seem to work anymore
    >>> (gui.apache.org...among others) and all of them seem to have been for older
    >>> versions.

    >> gvim

    > EMACS-X11

    I look forward to see that. This may be interesting

    > Regards,
    > David Bolt

  9. Re: GUI for configuring Apache2?

    Charles philip Chan schreef:
    > David Bolt writes:
    >
    >> EMACS-X11
    >>

    > LOL, you are evil. Let me contribute to it:
    >
    > http://www.dina.kvl.dk/~abraham/reli...itors-101.html
    >
    > vi is such a menace. ;-)
    >
    > Charles

    Ye, vi is difficult to learn. I only use notepad and nothing else. )

  10. Re: GUI for configuring Apache2?

    Canned wrote:
    > Ye, vi is difficult to learn. I only use notepad and nothing else. )

    That is what everybody says to me. I have forced people to use vim and
    they were people that used Excek to write someting in colums and Word
    to make websites.

    After some physical pain I put on them, they were able to do what they
    needed to do and more. It brought tears to my eyes when I recieved the
    first email from Outlook ending with ZZ. All I thought was: I tought
    them well.

    houghi
    --
    Let's not be too tough on our own ignorance. It's the thing that makes
    America great. If America weren't incomparably ignorant, how could we

  11. Re: GUI for configuring Apache2?

    Vahis wrote in newsCeei.181206$V66.102180
    @reader1.news.saunalahti.fi:

    > KuroNeko wrote:
    >> Does such a beast exist?

    > YaST

    At first, I went huh? No control panel for Apache, like for Samba.
    Remember, I'm very new to this whole Linux bit. But then I searched yast
    for yast, and behold, some control applications for BIND and DHCP popped up
    as well :-)

    Thanks for the tip, I learned something more because of it. Now, why didn't
    Google tell me as much in half a day of searching...

    Neko

  12. Re: GUI for configuring Apache2?

    Michael Soibelman wrote in
    news:MBeei.41204$5j1.37150@newssvr21.news.prodigy. net:

    > Besides the Yast HTTPD module there's this one...
    >
    > GAdminHTTPD.

    Thanks! Looks good and I installed it. The YaST one requires BIND to be
    installed and I wanted to wait with that for later.

    But it's not working. It looks for the config file in the wrong place
    (etc/httpd/conf whereas Apache (and its conf file) is installed under
    Apache2 on OpenSUSE 10.2.

    I sent them an email asking about it, maybe they know a way around. There's
    not much help on the website.

    Neko

  13. Re: GUI for configuring Apache2?

    Jim Jones wrote in

    > You might try Webmin, it has some tools for configuring Apache2 in it,
    > and it runs in a web browser. you can download a rpm version and
    > install it by just double clicking the rpm and letting yast2 do the
    > rest.
    >
    > http://www.webmin.com/

    Now here's an interesting site :-) Thanks a lot! Not only for Apache but
    also Samba and lots of other services. This will help a great deal.

    The Apache module isn't working yet though, some problems, have to
    investigate. Is it supposed to work with Apache2.3 and up?

    Neko

  14. Re: GUI for configuring Apache2?

    KuroNeko wrote:

    > Michael Soibelman wrote in
    > news:MBeei.41204$5j1.37150@newssvr21.news.prodigy. net:
    >
    >> Besides the Yast HTTPD module there's this one...
    >>
    >> GAdminHTTPD.
    >>

    > Thanks! Looks good and I installed it. The YaST one requires BIND to be
    > installed and I wanted to wait with that for later.
    >
    > But it's not working. It looks for the config file in the wrong place
    > (etc/httpd/conf whereas Apache (and its conf file) is installed under
    > Apache2 on OpenSUSE 10.2.
    >
    > I sent them an email asking about it, maybe they know a way around.
    > There's not much help on the website.
    >
    > Neko

    Just add the packman repository to your install sources and then install
    GAdminHTTPD. You don't need to install BIND, only bind-libs and
    bind-utils... This rpm install will (should) work on your system out
    without error. So install bind-utils, bind-libs and GAdminHTTPD all at
    the same time...

    P.S. I installed it and it just works.. A nice program. :-)

  15. Re: GUI for configuring Apache2?

    KuroNeko wrote:
    > Jim Jones wrote in
    >
    >> You might try Webmin, it has some tools for configuring Apache2 in it,
    >> and it runs in a web browser. you can download a rpm version and
    >> install it by just double clicking the rpm and letting yast2 do the
    >> rest.
    >>
    >> http://www.webmin.com/

    > Now here's an interesting site :-) Thanks a lot! Not only for Apache but
    > also Samba and lots of other services. This will help a great deal.
    >
    > The Apache module isn't working yet though, some problems, have to
    > investigate. Is it supposed to work with Apache2.3 and up?
    >
    > Neko

    My machines are Suse 10.0 and both have Apache 2.0.54, There are newer
    modules that periodically show up as the programmers have time. Webmin
    is worth the download just to play with.

    Jim
    --
    Linux Website Links http://myweb.cableone.net/okieman7/linux.htm
    Registered Linux User# 376156

  16. Re: GUI for configuring Apache2?

    Michael Soibelman wrote in news:Y0yei.5511$bP5.1228
    @newssvr19.news.prodigy.net:

    > Just add the packman repository to your install sources and then install
    > GAdminHTTPD. You don't need to install BIND, only bind-libs and
    > bind-utils... This rpm install will (should) work on your system out
    > without error. So install bind-utils, bind-libs and GAdminHTTPD all at
    > the same time...

    Will try this tomorrow. But I already installed it manually. Do I need to
    remove this installation? How do I proceed to do this, is it sufficient to
    remove the files? Or to remove it via Yast? I heard Linux deinstallation
    only removes the files but does not remove traces in config files.

    Neko

+ Reply to Thread