Can not installation W200 wireless card - compaq laptop N600C for suse 10.2! - Suse

This is a discussion on Can not installation W200 wireless card - compaq laptop N600C for suse 10.2! - Suse ; Hi All, I am try for 02 week to search information to install W200 on my compaq N600C but it seem it is impossible. Some webpages show me the way how to do it but it not clear and hard ...

  1. Can not installation W200 wireless card - compaq laptop N600C for suse 10.2!

    Hi All,

    I am try for 02 week to search information to install W200 on my
    compaq N600C but it seem it is impossible. Some webpages show me the
    way how to do it but it not clear and hard to do it cos I am a new bie
    in Linux.

    Anyone facing this problem or have any experience for the same issue,
    please can you help!

    Thank you!

  2. Re: Can not installation W200 wireless card - compaq laptop N600Cfor suse 10.2!

    long0345 wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am try for 02 week to search information to install W200 on my
    > compaq N600C but it seem it is impossible. Some webpages show me the
    > way how to do it but it not clear and hard to do it cos I am a new bie
    > in Linux.
    >
    > Anyone facing this problem or have any experience for the same issue,
    > please can you help!
    >
    > Thank you!

    I have done it in the past (far past of course.. this an old laptop...
    even Compaq hated the W200 implementation so much as to NEVER use
    it again... didn't work well even with Windows).

    The device is an orinoco USB wireless. My tests were done on an n610c,
    the older brother of the n600c.

    Have you looked at this?
    http://www.dot7.de/linux/w200.html

+ Reply to Thread