does anyone have a simple way to install dvd support for 10.1 - Suse

This is a discussion on does anyone have a simple way to install dvd support for 10.1 - Suse ; ...

  1. does anyone have a simple way to install dvd support for 10.1

  2. Re: does anyone have a simple way to install dvd support for 10.1

    reaper@darkside.net wrote:

    houghi
    --
    Please go to : http://tinyurl.com/aqe6y (Google site)
    and vote for 'Default quoting of previous message in replies'
    > This was a broadcast from the netpolice.

  3. Re: does anyone have a simple way to install dvd support for 10.1

    On 2007-06-19 11:33, reaper@darkside.net did not wrote:
    >does anyone have a simple way to install dvd support for 10.1

    Most linux users know, it's not harder then getting OGG to play in windows,
    and this is a hint (sort of).

    /birre

  4. Re: does anyone have a simple way to install dvd support for 10.1

    On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:25:12 +0200, birre wrote:

    > >does anyone have a simple way to install dvd support for 10.1

    libdvdcss

    Email - rsgibson@verizon.borg
    Replace borg with net

  5. Re: does anyone have a simple way to install dvd support for 10.1

    On 2007-06-19, birre wrote:
    > On 2007-06-19 11:33, reaper@darkside.net did not wrote:
    > >does anyone have a simple way to install dvd support for 10.1

    > Most linux users know, it's not harder then getting OGG to play in windows,
    > and this is a hint (sort of).
    >
    > /birre

    Depends on what "support" means. If it is to mount & see the contents by
    the user, then it is quite easy.

    But if it is getting yast to add or do software management, then it could
    become difficult. e.g. somehow, I cannot get yast to mount the SuSE 10.1
    dvd so that I can download the VLC app with the dependencies resolved;
    I am able to mount & see the contents as either a user or root; kde is
    able to mount & display the contents.....

    The error I get using yast is "/var/adm/mount/AP_0x00000002" cannot mount
    the device; yast media check does recognize the dvd hardware.

    I was able to add software from the 10.1 dvd prior to doing an online
    software update.

    I'm not too concerned as I will be upgrading my 7 yr old system after the
    intel cpu price drop next month; currently on a athlon 7 900 mhz cpu
    which means just about everything will be changed.....arrrrrrhhhhh.

  6. Re: does anyone have a simple way to install dvd support for 10.1

    On 2007-06-19 18:25, student wrote:
    > On 2007-06-19, birre wrote:
    >> On 2007-06-19 11:33, reaper@darkside.net did not wrote:
    >>> does anyone have a simple way to install dvd support for 10.1

    >> Most linux users know, it's not harder then getting OGG to play in windows,
    >> and this is a hint (sort of).
    >>
    >> /birre

    > Depends on what "support" means. If it is to mount & see the contents by
    > the user, then it is quite easy.
    >
    > But if it is getting yast to add or do software management, then it could
    > become difficult. e.g. somehow, I cannot get yast to mount the SuSE 10.1
    > dvd so that I can download the VLC app with the dependencies resolved;
    > I am able to mount & see the contents as either a user or root; kde is
    > able to mount & display the contents.....
    >
    > The error I get using yast is "/var/adm/mount/AP_0x00000002" cannot mount
    > the device; yast media check does recognize the dvd hardware.
    >
    > I was able to add software from the 10.1 dvd prior to doing an online
    > software update.
    >
    > I'm not too concerned as I will be upgrading my 7 yr old system after the
    > intel cpu price drop next month; currently on a athlon 7 900 mhz cpu
    > which means just about everything will be changed.....arrrrrrhhhhh.

    I assume the OP was asking how to play DVD (movie) with a _working_ hardware.

    If you get a new box, just try 10.2 instead, and you will be happy.

    Your error is that yast can't mount the DVD as install source, has not
    much to do with playing them.

    Don't worry about changes, unless everything is perfect, changes can be good :-)

    /birre

  7. Re: does anyone have a simple way to install dvd support for 10.1

    On 2007-06-19 16:07, Ron Gibson wrote:
    > On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:25:12 +0200, birre wrote:
    >
    >> >does anyone have a simple way to install dvd support for 10.1

    > libdvdcss

    Well I did not write this, just a hint where to find libdvdcss.

    /birre

+ Reply to Thread