Re: Burning a Double Layer DVD - Suse

This is a discussion on Re: Burning a Double Layer DVD - Suse ; On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 02:46:46 +0000 (UTC) Paul J Gans wrote: > >Hi > >I've not had a problem burning a DL with either this machine or my > >Tecra M3 when they were running 10.0. > >If you ...

  1. Re: Burning a Double Layer DVD

    Paul J Gans wrote:

    > >Hi
    > >I've not had a problem burning a DL with either this machine or my
    > >Tecra M3 when they were running 10.0.
    > >If you put the blank DVD in, look at the bottom bar that shows the
    > >disk size, right click on it and select custom and enter 8.5GB.

    > Thanks. Never noticed that before. And of course I never saw
    > it in the documentation either.
    >
    > But the other question remains: how to I copy the disk in
    > an .iso format so that the resulting DVD I burn is bootable?

    Hi
    So you just copy the original dvd, menu item Tools->copy dvd it will
    mirror the dvd original. So if the original is bootable, so the copy
    will be.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.46-0.12-smp

  2. Re: Burning a Double Layer DVD

    Malcolm wrote:
    >On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 02:46:46 +0000 (UTC)
    >Paul J Gans wrote:

    >> >Hi
    >> >I've not had a problem burning a DL with either this machine or my
    >> >Tecra M3 when they were running 10.0.
    >> >If you put the blank DVD in, look at the bottom bar that shows the
    >> >disk size, right click on it and select custom and enter 8.5GB.

    >> Thanks. Never noticed that before. And of course I never saw
    >> it in the documentation either.
    >>
    >> But the other question remains: how to I copy the disk in
    >> an .iso format so that the resulting DVD I burn is bootable?
    >>

    >Hi
    >So you just copy the original dvd, menu item Tools->copy dvd it will
    >mirror the dvd original. So if the original is bootable, so the copy
    >will be.

    OK. Thanks. I didn't want to just try it because a full
    double layer disk takes serious time to burn.

    --
    --- Paul J. Gans

  3. Re: Burning a Double Layer DVD

    Thanks to all who answered my questions. I now have a
    bootable 10.2 DVD.

    --
    --- Paul J. Gans

+ Reply to Thread