Re: CUPS printer hangs on remote print. Suggestions? (long) - Suse

This is a discussion on Re: CUPS printer hangs on remote print. Suggestions? (long) - Suse ; On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:19:36 GMT Frnak McKenney wrote: > > Note: This was originally posted to comp.os.linux.setup, but > after two days of no replies it appears that there aren't > many CUPS experts there (or, if there ...

  1. Re: CUPS printer hangs on remote print. Suggestions? (long)

    On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:19:36 GMT
    Frnak McKenney wrote:

    > Note: This was originally posted to comp.os.linux.setup, but
    > after two days of no replies it appears that there aren't
    > many CUPS experts there (or, if there are, they didn't
    > like my tagline ). I'm re-posting here hoping for
    > better odds.
    >

    > Summary
    > -------
    >
    > My freshly-installed CUPS prints to an Ethernet-attached printer
    > just fine if the output comes from a (local) linux app. Print
    > jobs from another machine printed via Samba to the same CUPS
    > printer never complete.

    Hi
    Have you logged into the web interface to check things out? Accepting
    jobs etc...?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.27-0.9-smp

  2. Re: CUPS printer hangs on remote print. Suggestions? (long)