1 webserver with 2 routers - Suse

This is a discussion on 1 webserver with 2 routers - Suse ; Hello I have a server web that I have a default gateway 192.168.10.254 ( which is a router that everybody uses) we have another router which is 192.168.10.250 and we want that only some people use this connection . how ...

  1. 1 webserver with 2 routers

    Hello I have a server web that I have a default gateway 192.168.10.254 (
    which is a router that everybody uses)

    we have another router which is 192.168.10.250 and we want that only some
    people use this connection .

    how can I tell the server that all packages that come from 192.168.10.250
    are delivered back to the router??

    Thanks

  2. Re: 1 webserver with 2 routers

    Miguel Lopes wrote:
    > Hello I have a server web that I have a default gateway 192.168.10.254 (
    > which is a router that everybody uses)
    >
    > we have another router which is 192.168.10.250 and we want that only some
    > people use this connection .
    >
    > how can I tell the server that all packages that come from 192.168.10.250
    > are delivered back to the router??
    >
    > Thanks

    I believe the easiest way is to set up a second ip address on the server
    in another subnet, have the web server listen on both ports and add a
    route for that subnet to the second router.

    Jeff Coffield

  3. Re: 1 webserver with 2 routers

    Miguel Lopes wrote:
    > Hello I have a server web that I have a default gateway 192.168.10.254 (
    > which is a router that everybody uses)
    >
    > we have another router which is 192.168.10.250 and we want that only some
    > people use this connection .
    >
    > how can I tell the server that all packages that come from 192.168.10.250
    > are delivered back to the router??

    Do you need to tell the server about data returning? Packets have
    addressing that routers use to direct the packet, and should
    automatically go back to the proper server.

    I wou

    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread