Speicherbedarf Kontakt 1.1.2 - =?UTF-8?B?QWJzdMO8cnplISAtIEdydW5kc8OkdHpsaWNoZXM/?= - Suse

This is a discussion on Speicherbedarf Kontakt 1.1.2 - =?UTF-8?B?QWJzdMO8cnplISAtIEdydW5kc8OkdHpsaWNoZXM/?= - Suse ; Rechner ist ein AMP Sempron 2400+, 1GB Speicher Speicherbedarf Kontakt 1.1.2 / KDE 3.4.2 level "b" Hallo, anhand KDE-Systemüberwachung bin ich darauf gestoßen, daß Kontact alle paar Minuten nahezu 100% der CPU Auslastung verursacht. Gelegentlich stürzt ein Programm ab, und ...

  1. Speicherbedarf Kontakt 1.1.2 - =?UTF-8?B?QWJzdMO8cnplISAtIEdydW5kc8OkdHpsaWNoZXM/?=

    Rechner ist ein AMP Sempron 2400+, 1GB Speicher
    Speicherbedarf Kontakt 1.1.2 / KDE 3.4.2 level "b"

    Hallo,

    anhand KDE-Systemüberwachung bin ich darauf gestoßen, daß Kontact alle paar
    Minuten nahezu 100% der CPU Auslastung verursacht.

    Gelegentlich stürzt ein Programm ab, und deshalb überlege ich, die maximale
    Speicheranforderung von Kontact auf die CPU auf einen vorwählbaren Bedarf,
    z.B. 50 % begrenzen.

    Meine Mails werden von antvir und clamav geprüft- hier treten längere Zeit
    sehr hohe Auslastung auf. Eine eindeutige Zuordnung zu den o.g. Abstürzen
    gelingt mir nicht.

    Ist meine Idee richtig? Oder hat jemand bessere Vorschläge?
    Wie kann ich dem Problem näherkommen?

    Bitte um Tips- danke jetzt schon!

    Axel
    --
    news.t-online.de

  2. =?iso-8859-1?q?Re:_Speicherbedarf_Kontakt_1=2E1=2E2_-_Abst=FCrze!_-_Grunds=E4tzliches=3F?=

    On Jun 15, 2:04 pm, Axel Krebs wrote:
    > Rechner ist ein AMP Sempron 2400+, 1GB Speicher
    > Speicherbedarf Kontakt 1.1.2 / KDE 3.4.2 level "b"
    >
    > Hallo,
    >
    > anhand KDE-Systemberwachung bin ich darauf gestoen, da Kontact alle paar
    > Minuten nahezu 100% der CPU Auslastung verursacht.
    >
    > Gelegentlich strzt ein Programm ab, und deshalb berlege ich, die maximale
    > Speicheranforderung von Kontact auf die CPU auf einen vorwhlbaren Bedarf,
    > z.B. 50 % begrenzen.
    >
    > Meine Mails werden von antvir und clamav geprft- hier treten lngereZeit
    > sehr hohe Auslastung auf. Eine eindeutige Zuordnung zu den o.g. Abstrzen
    > gelingt mir nicht.
    >
    > Ist meine Idee richtig? Oder hat jemand bessere Vorschlge?
    > Wie kann ich dem Problem nherkommen?
    >
    > Bitte um Tips- danke jetzt schon!
    >
    > Axel
    > --
    > news.t-online.de

    Auch hier sag ich es: in news:alt.linux.suse reden die Deutsch.

  3. Re: Speicherbedarf Kontakt 1.1.2 - =?UTF-8?B?QWJzdMO8cnplISAtIEdydW5kc8OkdHpsaWNoZXM/?=

    Vlad_Inhaler wrote:

    > On Jun 15, 2:04 pm, Axel Krebs wrote:

    Once again, in English:

    My system is
    - SuSE 10.0
    - AMP Sempron 2400+, 1GB memory, 1GB Speicher
    - Kontact 1.1.2 / KDE 3.4.2 level "b"

    Hello,

    with KDE system monitoring (memory and tasks, etc.) I found that the system
    causes every few minutes nearly 100 % load.

    From time to time, a program crashes without indication why. Therefore, I'm
    considering to limit the available space to a given percentage, 50%, e.g.

    I'm running antivir and clamavg for viruses and bogofilter/gmx spam filter.

    Is my idea corect?
    Would a limit of avaliable ressources solve the problem?

    Or is there a better idea?
    What to do?

    How can I find the _real_ reasons for problems?
    Are there (better) tools for measuring/detecting?

    Thank for any help

    Axel

    --
    news.t-online.de

  4. Re: Memory needs Kontakt 1.1.2 - crashes! - basics?

    Vlad_Inhaler wrote:

    Once again, in English:

    My system is
    - SuSE 10.0
    - AMP Sempron 2400+, 1GB memory, 1GB Speicher
    - Kontact 1.1.2 / KDE 3.4.2 level "b"

    Hello,

    with KDE system monitoring (memory and tasks, etc.) I found that the system
    causes every few minutes nearly 100 % load.

    From time to time, a program crashes without indication why. Therefore, I'm
    considering to limit the available space to a given percentage, 50%, e.g.

    I'm running antivir and clamavg for viruses and bogofilter/gmx spam filter.

    Is my idea corect?
    Would a limit of avaliable ressources solve the problem?

    Or is there a better idea?
    What to do?

    How can I find the real reasons for problems?
    Are there (better) tools for measuring/detecting?

    Thank for any help

    Axel

  5. =?iso-8859-1?q?Re:_Speicherbedarf_Kontakt_1=2E1=2E2_-_Abst=FCrze!_-_Grunds=E4tzliches=3F?=

    On Jun 16, 8:14 am, Axel Krebs wrote:
    > Vlad_Inhaler wrote:
    > > On Jun 15, 2:04 pm, Axel Krebs wrote:

    > Once again, in English:
    >
    > My system is
    > - SuSE 10.0
    > - AMP Sempron 2400+, 1GB memory, 1GB Speicher
    > - Kontact 1.1.2 / KDE 3.4.2 level "b"
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > with KDE system monitoring (memory and tasks, etc.) I found that the system
    > causes every few minutes nearly 100 % load.
    >
    > From time to time, a program crashes without indication why. Therefore, I'm
    > considering to limit the available space to a given percentage, 50%, e.g.
    >
    > I'm running antivir and clamavg for viruses and bogofilter/gmx spam filter.
    >
    > Is my idea corect?
    > Would a limit of avaliable ressources solve the problem?
    >
    > Or is there a better idea?
    > What to do?
    >
    > How can I find the _real_ reasons for problems?
    > Are there (better) tools for measuring/detecting?
    >
    > Thank for any help
    >
    > Axel
    >
    > --
    > news.t-online.de

    I'd run memory-test for a cycle or two. I also have a system where
    programs crash at random (system freezes as well) but it is a Laptop,
    over 10 years old with 96MB memory. You have enough memory so I'd
    check it.

    btw. You can install xosview and run it while you are working. It
    shows you how you are doing on resources. I also have 1GB memory on
    this system and it is nowhere near full.

  6. Re: Speicherbedarf Kontakt 1.1.2 - =?UTF-8?B?QWJzdMO8cnplISAtIEdydW5kc8OkdHpsaWNoZXM/?=

    Vlad_Inhaler wrote:

    > On Jun 16, 8:14 am, Axel Krebs wrote:

    > I'd run memory-test for a cycle or two. I also have a system where
    > programs crash at random (system freezes as well) but it is a Laptop,
    > over 10 years old with 96MB memory. You have enough memory so I'd
    > check it.
    >
    > btw. You can install xosview and run it while you are working. It
    > shows you how you are doing on resources. I also have 1GB memory on
    > this system and it is nowhere near full.

    Ok, Vlad:

    I installed xosview and compared the output with KDE System Monitor output:

    1.) what is "normal"
    2.) firefox sucks a lot of cpu and memory (typical: user %: 50%, virtual
    memory 800-900 kB)
    3.) this may have to do with about 60 sub-windows within firefox 2.0.0.4.
    4.) the appearence of high cpu loads must have other reasons- as FF is on
    _all_ the time, the load peaks every few minutes.
    5.) Thinking about clamav or so. Or java when arriving news emails?
    6.) can xosview show _horizontal_ lines or write tables like csv-formating?

    Maybe onme can xosview force to store/react only "unnormal" values?
    ("unnormal" = outside of pre-defined limites)

    Greatings, Axel
    --
    news.t-online.de

  7. =?iso-8859-1?q?Re:_Speicherbedarf_Kontakt_1=2E1=2E2_-_Abst=FCrze!_-_Grunds=E4tzliches=3F?=

    On Jun 18, 7:37 pm, Axel Krebs wrote:
    > Vlad_Inhaler wrote:
    > > On Jun 16, 8:14 am, Axel Krebs wrote:

    > > I'd run memory-test for a cycle or two. I also have a system where
    > > programs crash at random (system freezes as well) but it is a Laptop,
    > > over 10 years old with 96MB memory. You have enough memory so I'd
    > > check it.

    > > btw. You can install xosview and run it while you are working. It
    > > shows you how you are doing on resources. I also have 1GB memory on
    > > this system and it is nowhere near full.

    > Ok, Vlad:
    >
    > I installed xosview and compared the output with KDE System Monitor output:
    >
    > 1.) what is "normal"
    > 2.) firefox sucks a lot of cpu and memory (typical: user %: 50%, virtual
    > memory 800-900 kB)
    > 3.) this may have to do with about 60 sub-windows within firefox 2.0.0.4.
    > 4.) the appearence of high cpu loads must have other reasons- as FF is on
    > _all_ the time, the load peaks every few minutes.
    > 5.) Thinking about clamav or so. Or java when arriving news emails?
    > 6.) can xosview show _horizontal_ lines or write tables like csv-formating?
    >
    > Maybe onme can xosview force to store/react only "unnormal" values?
    > ("unnormal" = outside of pre-defined limites)
    >
    > Greatings, Axel
    > --
    > news.t-online.de

    I had never used the system monitor before. I like xosview because it
    does not occupy much screen real-estate. It runs on my system all the
    time. The KDE system monitor, 'process table', allows you to sort on
    memory-usage, user-cpu or system-cpu. By all means use that when
    xosview shows heavy usage.

    Have you run a memory-test? If your problem is not defective memory
    then you may be lucky enough to find error-messages in /var/log/
    messages but my record there is poor.

    Andrew

  8. Re: MEMORY NEED Kontakt 1.1.2 - CRASHES! - FUNDAMENTALS - RESOLVED?

    Vlad_Inhaler wrote:

    Hi Vlad:

    - I did a memory check: "ok"!
    - Found, that Firefox 2.0.0.4 with FastFox plugin (download-Utility) seem to
    cause the problems.
    - I installed and de-installed all my themes and extension, cause I observed
    CPU load between 70 % an 95 % when running FF.

    It "looks like", which is not realy satisfying. I do not have enough
    knowledge and time to care for this issue, however.

    Thank you for your coniderations-

    Axel

    --
    news.t-online.de