10.2 - Should my little world update icon have all my installationsources? - Suse

This is a discussion on 10.2 - Should my little world update icon have all my installationsources? - Suse ; Hi all, 10,2, kde Should my little world update icon on the bottom right of my screen have all my installation sources? I noticed it stopped turned orange any more to say there where updates. So I have a look ...

  1. 10.2 - Should my little world update icon have all my installationsources?

    Hi all,

    10,2, kde

    Should my little world update icon on the bottom right of my screen have
    all my installation sources?

    I noticed it stopped turned orange any more to say there where updates.

    So I have a look at right click - configure - services and the only
    thing listed is the 10.2 dvd

    So I add all my source manually, get a couple of updates, it stops and
    now all the sources I've added in the little world icon have disappeared.

    All my sources are in yast ok but I never get notified of any updates.

    Any ideas?

    Cheers,

    toe

  2. Re: 10.2 - Should my little world update icon have all my installationsources?

    Toedipper wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > 10,2, kde
    >
    > Should my little world update icon on the bottom right of my screen have
    > all my installation sources?
    >
    > I noticed it stopped turned orange any more to say there where updates.

    Is the orange icon a triangle with an exclamation point in the center?
    When you put your cursor on the icon, does a message pop up about sources?

    dj tuchler

  3. Re: 10.2 - Should my little world update icon have all my installation sources?

    Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:

    > Toedipper wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> 10,2, kde
    >>
    >> Should my little world update icon on the bottom right of my screen have
    >> all my installation sources?
    >>
    >> I noticed it stopped turned orange any more to say there where updates.

    > Is the orange icon a triangle with an exclamation point in the center?
    > When you put your cursor on the icon, does a message pop up about sources?
    >
    > dj tuchler

    Got the same problem here (SuSe 10.2 AMD64).
    I think the worls-symbol Toedipper has been talking about is the zennetworks
    updater. It usually turns orange when an update is available.
    I've changed to openSUSE updater applet and get the triangle with the
    exclamation mark. On mousover it says: "Error: There are no update sources
    defined. Please add one or more update sources in order to be notified of
    updates." also the sources are still shown in Yast.
    maybe there has been an error in a recient patch causing this problem?

    Erik

+ Reply to Thread