Mouse scroll wheel doesn't work? - Suse

This is a discussion on Mouse scroll wheel doesn't work? - Suse ; I switched to a different mouse on my workstation, and can't get the scroll wheel doesn't work. It's the standard, 2-button, scroll mouse (made by HP) that came with the computer, but despite trying different mouse models and checking the ...

  1. Mouse scroll wheel doesn't work?

    I switched to a different mouse on my workstation, and can't get the
    scroll wheel doesn't work. It's the standard, 2-button, scroll mouse
    (made by HP) that came with the computer, but despite trying different
    mouse models and checking the "Activate Mouse Wheel" setting, it doesn't
    want to work. Any ideas?

    Thanks. -Pat

  2. Re: Mouse scroll wheel doesn't work?

    Pat wrote:
    > I switched to a different mouse on my workstation, and can't get the
    > scroll wheel doesn't work. It's the standard, 2-button, scroll mouse
    > (made by HP) that came with the computer, but despite trying different
    > mouse models and checking the "Activate Mouse Wheel" setting, it doesn't
    > want to work. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks. -Pat

    Got it working. I finally found a mouse model that worked (PS/2,
    Explorer). I must have tried 4 or 5 that I thought were fairly generic,
    and am a bit surprised one of these didn't work as well. But I guess
    there must be more differences than I thought. Anyway, glad that's
    resolved.

    -Pat

  3. Re: Mouse scroll wheel doesn't work?

    Pat wrote:
    > I switched to a different mouse on my workstation, and can't get the
    > scroll wheel doesn't work. It's the standard, 2-button, scroll mouse
    > (made by HP) that came with the computer, but despite trying different
    > mouse models and checking the "Activate Mouse Wheel" setting, it doesn't
    > want to work. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks. -Pat

    It's a linux grey area. I had a broken mouse wheel too and it
    mysteriously fixed itself after fooling around with xorg.conf.

    --
    I'm glad scorpions don't fly.

    bcrawford

+ Reply to Thread