lp vs lpRng - Suse

This is a discussion on lp vs lpRng - Suse ; In trying to trouble shoot a printing issue I'm having with some software (Matlab --for some reason the editor won't print), I was asked by MathWorks tech support whether I (or openSUSE 10.2, that is) use "lp" or "lpRng". How ...

  1. lp vs lpRng

    In trying to trouble shoot a printing issue I'm having with some
    software (Matlab --for some reason the editor won't print), I was asked
    by MathWorks tech support whether I (or openSUSE 10.2, that is) use "lp"
    or "lpRng". How do I tell? I'm not sure what these are, and I didn't
    see anything in the printer settings that indicated one way or the other.

    Thanks for any help. -Pat

  2. Re: lp vs lpRng

    Pat wrote:
    > In trying to trouble shoot a printing issue I'm having with some
    > software (Matlab --for some reason the editor won't print), I was asked
    > by MathWorks tech support whether I (or openSUSE 10.2, that is) use "lp"
    > or "lpRng". How do I tell? I'm not sure what these are, and I didn't
    > see anything in the printer settings that indicated one way or the other.
    >
    > Thanks for any help. -Pat

    Probably lp. lprng is a BSD package, so unless you went to SourceForge
    and downloaded it and then intalled it, you have lp.

    John

  3. Re: lp vs lpRng

    John Bowling wrote:
    > Pat wrote:
    >> In trying to trouble shoot a printing issue I'm having with some
    >> software (Matlab --for some reason the editor won't print), I was asked
    >> by MathWorks tech support whether I (or openSUSE 10.2, that is) use "lp"
    >> or "lpRng". How do I tell? I'm not sure what these are, and I didn't
    >> see anything in the printer settings that indicated one way or the other.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help. -Pat

    > Probably lp. lprng is a BSD package, so unless you went to SourceForge
    > and downloaded it and then intalled it, you have lp.
    >
    > John

    Thanks John. That was helpful, and I'll let tech support know.

    -Pat

+ Reply to Thread