ATI Radion Mobil 9600 - Suse

This is a discussion on ATI Radion Mobil 9600 - Suse ; HP/Compaq nc6000 OpenSUSE 10.2 64 Bit KDE 3.5.7 I am having such a hard time loading the ATI drivers..... In install the software, terminal and do a aticonfig --initial. Upon reboot X does not start, something to do with FrameBuffers. ...

  1. ATI Radion Mobil 9600

    HP/Compaq nc6000

    OpenSUSE 10.2 64 Bit
    KDE 3.5.7

    I am having such a hard time loading the ATI drivers..... In install
    the software, terminal and do a aticonfig --initial. Upon reboot X
    does not start, something to do with FrameBuffers.

    Has anyone managed to get this to work

  2. Re: ATI Radion Mobil 9600

    Who Cares pisze:
    > HP/Compaq nc6000
    >
    > OpenSUSE 10.2 64 Bit
    > KDE 3.5.7
    >
    > I am having such a hard time loading the ATI drivers..... In install
    > the software, terminal and do a aticonfig --initial. Upon reboot X
    > does not start, something to do with FrameBuffers.
    >
    > Has anyone managed to get this to work

    in /boot/grub/grub.config delete string "vga=xxx"

+ Reply to Thread