Open Suse on Powerbook 12 - Suse

This is a discussion on Open Suse on Powerbook 12 - Suse ; Hi, i can't install opensuse ppc on a mac powerbook 12"....the boot doesn't start! Could anyone help me? Should I do something on mac before boot? Thx db...

  1. Open Suse on Powerbook 12

    Hi,

    i can't install opensuse ppc on a mac powerbook 12"....the boot doesn't
    start! Could anyone help me? Should I do something on mac before boot?

    Thx
    db

  2. Re: Open Suse on Powerbook 12

    DrBrain wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > i can't install opensuse ppc on a mac powerbook 12"....the boot
    > doesn't start!

    Do you mean the CD or DVD does not boot? It should do so. If you can
    boot from e.g. the MacOS installation CD or any other bootable CD, but
    not from the openSUSE CD, there is probably something wrong with the
    CD.

    > Should I do something on mac before boot?

    Yes, probably. Read the partitioning information on
    http://en.opensuse.org/PPC_Partitioning , especially if you want
    dualboot with MacOS.
    Yast can not resize Mac partitions, if you need to resize a mac
    partition, you will have to reïnstall MacOS.

    --
    DV.

+ Reply to Thread