Adding repositories - Suse

This is a discussion on Adding repositories - Suse ; I feel like I'm doing something very stupid. I'm trying to add http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...a/suse/x86_64/ to YaST in software source media but I keep getting an error message: ERROR(InstSrc:E_no_instsrc_on_media). I know there are a bunch of rpm's there. and are there any ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Adding repositories

  1. Adding repositories

    I feel like I'm doing something very stupid.
    I'm trying to add
    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...a/suse/x86_64/
    to YaST in software source media but I keep getting an error message:
    ERROR(InstSrc:E_no_instsrc_on_media). I know there are a bunch of rpm's
    there.
    and are there any other good repositories I should be aware of?

    thank you
    --
    Running SuSE 10.0 KDE 3.4.2 x86_64

  2. Re: Adding repositories

    Ysgrifennodd Mike:
    > I feel like I'm doing something very stupid.
    > I'm trying to add
    > http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...a/suse/x86_64/
    > to YaST in software source media but I keep getting an error message:
    > ERROR(InstSrc:E_no_instsrc_on_media). I know there are a bunch of rpm's
    > there.
    > and are there any other good repositories I should be aware of?
    >
    > thank you


    Hey! It's not just me, then.


    Peter

  3. Re: Adding repositories

    On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 22:23:22 +0100
    Peter Bradley wrote:

    > Ysgrifennodd Mike:
    > > I feel like I'm doing something very stupid.
    > > I'm trying to add
    > > http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...a/suse/x86_64/
    > > to YaST in software source media but I keep getting an error
    > > message: ERROR(InstSrc:E_no_instsrc_on_media). I know there are a
    > > bunch of rpm's there.
    > > and are there any other good repositories I should be aware of?
    > >
    > > thank you

    >
    > Hey! It's not just me, then.
    >
    >
    > Peter

    Hi
    Your drilling too far down the directory, try
    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...st-source-java
    Have a read here too...
    http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/178/

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.27-0.9-smp
    up 4 days 17:11, 2 users, load average: 0.02, 0.07, 0.03

  4. Re: Adding repositories

    Malcolm wrote:

    > On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 22:23:22 +0100
    > Peter Bradley wrote:
    >
    >> Ysgrifennodd Mike:
    >> > I feel like I'm doing something very stupid.
    >> > I'm trying to add
    >> >

    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...a/suse/x86_64/
    >> > to YaST in software source media but I keep getting an error
    >> > message: ERROR(InstSrc:E_no_instsrc_on_media). I know there are a
    >> > bunch of rpm's there.
    >> > and are there any other good repositories I should be aware of?
    >> >
    >> > thank you

    >>
    >> Hey! It's not just me, then.
    >>
    >>
    >> Peter

    > Hi
    > Your drilling too far down the directory, try
    > http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...st-source-java

    This works, however you'll get 4 or 5 warnings which you'll have to say 'use
    anyway'...

    > Have a read here too...
    > http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/178/
    >




  5. Re: Adding repositories

    Michael Soibelman wrote:

    > Malcolm wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 22:23:22 +0100
    >> Peter Bradley wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ysgrifennodd Mike:
    >>> > I feel like I'm doing something very stupid.
    >>> > I'm trying to add
    >>> >

    >

    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...a/suse/x86_64/
    >>> > to YaST in software source media but I keep getting an error
    >>> > message: ERROR(InstSrc:E_no_instsrc_on_media). I know there are a
    >>> > bunch of rpm's there.
    >>> > and are there any other good repositories I should be aware of?
    >>> >
    >>> > thank you
    >>>
    >>> Hey! It's not just me, then.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Peter

    >> Hi
    >> Your drilling too far down the directory, try
    >> http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...st-source-java

    > This works, however you'll get 4 or 5 warnings which you'll have to say
    > 'use anyway'...
    >
    >> Have a read here too...
    >> http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/178/
    >>



    that was special, it just proves I'm a retard.
    --
    Running SuSE 10.0 KDE 3.4.2 x86_64

  6. Re: Adding repositories

    On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 22:23:22 +0100, Peter Bradley wrote:

    >> I feel like I'm doing something very stupid. I'm trying to add
    >> http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...a/suse/x86_64/


    >> and are there any other good repositories I should be aware of?


    > Hey! It's not just me, then.


    Well I got past the problem of adding them to yast.

    I'm not exactly sure what a person should be adding (other than the
    blatantly obvious) and when does duplication become an issue.

    MDK states clearly to add one of each of 6 (IIRC) categories.

    Ahh...sooner or later I'll figure it out I guess...

    --
    Linux Help: http://rsgibson.com/linux.htm
    Email - rsgibson@verizon.borg
    Replace borg with net


  7. Re: Adding repositories

    On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 16:29:29 -0500, Malcolm wrote:

    > Have a read here too...
    > http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/178/


    Oh tanks!

    Just what I've been looking for :-)

    --
    Linux Help: http://rsgibson.com/linux.htm
    Email - rsgibson@verizon.borg
    Replace borg with net


+ Reply to Thread