Ein Programm wie XNews fuer Linux - Suse

This is a discussion on Ein Programm wie XNews fuer Linux - Suse ; Gibt ein Programm, mit dem man, ähnlich wie mit XNews, grössere Posts (auch bin) in Newsgruppen posten kann? MfG...

  1. Ein Programm wie XNews fuer Linux

    Gibt ein Programm, mit dem man, ähnlich wie mit XNews, grössere Posts
    (auch bin) in Newsgruppen posten kann?

    MfG

  2. Re: Ein Programm wie XNews fuer Linux

    manfred wrote:
    > Gibt ein Programm, mit dem man, ähnlich wie mit XNews, grössere Posts
    > (auch bin) in Newsgruppen posten kann?
    >
    > MfG

    I use Thunderbird and find it works well. Perhaps you could run Xnews
    with wine if there is no linux version.

  3. Re: Ein Programm wie XNews fuer Linux

    Am Thu, 07 Jun 2007 12:02:01 -0400 schrieb Barnacle Bill the Sailor:

    > manfred wrote:
    >> Gibt ein Programm, mit dem man, ähnlich wie mit XNews, grössere Posts
    >> (auch bin) in Newsgruppen posten kann?
    >>
    >> MfG

    > I use Thunderbird and find it works well. Perhaps you could run Xnews
    > with wine if there is no linux version.

    I just installed Thunderbird. Looks nice but I´m used to Pan on Linux.
    Just another question:
    I could configure only "free" servers like news.t-online.de but not one
    that requires authorization (username/password). Is this not possible or
    is it just me not finding it.

  4. Re: Ein Programm wie XNews fuer Linux

    manfred wrote:
    > Am Thu, 07 Jun 2007 12:02:01 -0400 schrieb Barnacle Bill the Sailor:
    >
    >> manfred wrote:
    >>> Gibt ein Programm, mit dem man, ähnlich wie mit XNews, grössere Posts
    >>> (auch bin) in Newsgruppen posten kann?
    >>>
    >>> MfG

    >> I use Thunderbird and find it works well. Perhaps you could run Xnews
    >> with wine if there is no linux version.

    > I just installed Thunderbird. Looks nice but I´m used to Pan on Linux.
    > Just another question:
    > I could configure only "free" servers like news.t-online.de but not one
    > that requires authorization (username/password). Is this not possible or
    > is it just me not finding it.

    If you do have a user name and password you should be able to configure
    any server. Do determine whether SSL is required, which port numbers are
    in use and so on. If I remember correctly you need not provide a
    password until you actually try to log on to the server. And at the time
    of first log on you can choose to have that password remembered. This
    may be true of the username as well, so that may be what you are
    experiencing.

+ Reply to Thread