KDE wizard wanted: will Paypal $5 for an answer - Suse

This is a discussion on KDE wizard wanted: will Paypal $5 for an answer - Suse ; Running KDE 3.5.6 and openSuse10.2... I cannot figure out how to assign a "back" command to the middle mouse button. And I'm serious about the 5 clams. US, Euro or Sterling, depending on your locale. Let me buy you lunch... ...

  1. KDE wizard wanted: will Paypal $5 for an answer

    Running KDE 3.5.6 and openSuse10.2...

    I cannot figure out how to assign a "back" command to the middle mouse button.
    And I'm serious about the 5 clams. US, Euro or Sterling, depending on your locale. Let me buy you lunch...

    I have to have this.

  2. Re: KDE wizard wanted: will Paypal $5 for an answer

    just plain rob wrote:
    > Running KDE 3.5.6 and openSuse10.2...
    >
    > I cannot figure out how to assign a "back" command to the middle mouse button.

    "back"???

    You mean page up?
    You mean back in a browser sense... which one? Konqueror, Firefox??

    Thanks...

    > And I'm serious about the 5 clams. US, Euro or Sterling, depending on your locale. Let me buy you lunch...
    >
    > I have to have this.

    Send it to Microsoft. They are taking donations from the FOSS community
    right now.

  3. Re: KDE wizard wanted: will Paypal $5 for an answer

    On 2007-06-07 06:51, just plain rob wrote:
    > Running KDE 3.5.6 and openSuse10.2...
    >
    > I cannot figure out how to assign a "back" command to the middle mouse button.
    > And I'm serious about the 5 clams. US, Euro or Sterling, depending on your locale. Let me buy you lunch...
    >
    > I have to have this.

    The middle mouse button is currently bound to "paste", which you may have more
    use for then going back, whatever that is.

    /birre

  4. Re: KDE wizard wanted: will Paypal $5 for an answer

    Chris Cox schreef:
    > Send it to Microsoft. They are taking donations from the FOSS community
    > right now.

    I don't think Bill would accept such small donations

  5. Re: KDE wizard wanted: will Paypal $5 for an answer

    On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 11:19:16 +0200, birre wrote:

    > On 2007-06-07 06:51, just plain rob wrote:
    >> Running KDE 3.5.6 and openSuse10.2...
    >>
    >> I cannot figure out how to assign a "back" command to the middle mouse
    >> button. And I'm serious about the 5 clams. US, Euro or Sterling,
    >> depending on your locale. Let me buy you lunch...
    >>
    >> I have to have this.

    > The middle mouse button is currently bound to "paste", which you may
    > have more use for then going back, whatever that is.
    >
    > /birre

    You can go backwards while deep in folders on the desktop, or back in a browser sense. I just have a
    severe habit of whacking the mouse button when navigating.
    If I could only have it one way, it would be for Firefox browsing.

  6. Re: KDE wizard wanted: will Paypal $5 for an answer

    "just plain rob" wrote in message
    newsan.2007.06.08.09.43.01@dca.net...
    > You can go backwards while deep in folders on the desktop, or back in a
    > browser sense. I just have a
    > severe habit of whacking the mouse button when navigating.
    > If I could only have it one way, it would be for Firefox browsing.

    There's a Firefox plugin that lets you navigate through visited pages by
    holding down a mouse button and moving your mouse left or right. I think
    it's called "Mouse Gestures."

  7. Re: KDE wizard wanted: will Paypal $5 for an answer

    On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 19:47:15 -0400, Paul in Toronto wrote:

    > "just plain rob" wrote in message
    > newsan.2007.06.08.09.43.01@dca.net...
    >> You can go backwards while deep in folders on the desktop, or back in a
    >> browser sense. I just have a
    >> severe habit of whacking the mouse button when navigating. If I could
    >> only have it one way, it would be for Firefox browsing.

    > There's a Firefox plugin that lets you navigate through visited pages by
    > holding down a mouse button and moving your mouse left or right. I
    > think it's called "Mouse Gestures."

    Well if I can't have it my way, I will experiment with gestures, but I am the proverbial "old dog"...

+ Reply to Thread