opensuse updater question - Suse

This is a discussion on opensuse updater question - Suse ; Where do the opensuse updater programs store their downloaded rpms? Is clearing the cache a simple matter of going to the appropriate directories and doing a rm-f *.rpm? Or is there more to it? My install's taking up way more ...

  1. opensuse updater question

    Where do the opensuse updater programs store their downloaded rpms? Is
    clearing the cache a simple matter of going to the appropriate directories
    and doing a rm-f *.rpm? Or is there more to it?

    My install's taking up way more space than it should based on what I'd
    initially installed, so I'm just wondering.

  2. Re: opensuse updater question

    Paul in Toronto wrote:
    > Where do the opensuse updater programs store their downloaded rpms? Is
    > clearing the cache a simple matter of going to the appropriate directories
    > and doing a rm-f *.rpm? Or is there more to it?
    >
    > My install's taking up way more space than it should based on what I'd
    > initially installed, so I'm just wondering.

    They are stored somewhere in /var/lib . Can't remember exactly where.
    Of course there is a boolean flag in yast that says to remove the rpm's
    after applied... and I think it now defaults to being on... though
    there was a day when it defaulted to off.

    I used assign a sizeable partition to /var/lib just so I could take a
    large update.

+ Reply to Thread