SUSE Linux 10.1 download? - Suse

This is a discussion on SUSE Linux 10.1 download? - Suse ; Hi, Is there anywhere I can download SUSE Linux 10.1? This is the latest free version that is supported by VMWare server. I can only find openSUSE 10.2. Also if anyone has links or seen a blog for installing VMWare ...

  1. SUSE Linux 10.1 download?

    Hi,

    Is there anywhere I can download SUSE Linux 10.1? This is the latest
    free version that is supported by VMWare server. I can only find
    openSUSE 10.2.

    Also if anyone has links or seen a blog for installing VMWare on
    either of these versions I would be interested.

    Thanks,
    Michael

  2. Re: SUSE Linux 10.1 download?

    rojanmic wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there anywhere I can download SUSE Linux 10.1? This is the latest
    > free version that is supported by VMWare server. I can only find
    > openSUSE 10.2.

    Any of the mirrors that have 10.2.

    houghi
    --
    Listen do you hear them drawing near in their search for the sinners?
    Feeding on the power of our fear and the evil within us.

  3. Re: SUSE Linux 10.1 download?

    On Wed, 6 Jun 2007, rojanmic wrote:-

    >Hi,
    >
    >Is there anywhere I can download SUSE Linux 10.1?

    Well, given you appear to be in Australia, your local mirror is here:

    >This is the latest
    >free version that is supported by VMWare server. I can only find
    >openSUSE 10.2.

    Have you tried it with 10.2? Going by the factory mailing list, there
    are some people that have been using vmware server on 10.2.

    >Also if anyone has links or seen a blog for installing VMWare on
    >either of these versions I would be interested.

    I would assume[0] that the same method applies to 10.2 as it does to
    10.1.

    [0] it's a bad thing to do, but there goes.

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    --
    Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 50 Mnodes/s: http://www.distributed.net/
    RISCOS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit

  4. Re: SUSE Linux 10.1 download?

    rojanmic wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there anywhere I can download SUSE Linux 10.1? This is the latest
    > free version that is supported by VMWare server. I can only find
    > openSUSE 10.2.
    >
    > Also if anyone has links or seen a blog for installing VMWare on
    > either of these versions I would be interested.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Michael

    VMWare server runs just fine on 10.2, as host or as guest.

    I have it running on this machine as host.

    I made notes about installing it when I did that on 10.0.

    I have since that installed it on 10.1 and 10.2 with same
    instructions, you'll find them on my site:

    http://waxborg.servepics.com/mobile/...es/vmware.html

    --
    Vahis
    Motorcycling, Boating and openSUSE: http://waxborg.servepics.com