kdelibs3 update from opensuse.org/KDE3/openSUSE_10.2 - Suse

This is a discussion on kdelibs3 update from opensuse.org/KDE3/openSUSE_10.2 - Suse ; I have been getting missing dependencies for the past several days when trying to install kdelibs3 and a couple of other package updates. The errors messages are: pattern:devel_kde-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing dependencies There are no installable providers ...

  1. kdelibs3 update from opensuse.org/KDE3/openSUSE_10.2

    I have been getting missing dependencies for the past several days when
    trying to install kdelibs3 and a couple of other package updates.

    The errors messages are:

    pattern:devel_kde-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing
    dependencies
    There are no installable providers of kde_basis for
    pattern:devel_kde-10.2-145.i586

    pattern:kde-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of kde_basis for
    pattern:kde-10.2-145.i586

    pattern:kde_basis-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing
    dependencies
    There are no installable providers of kdepim3-networkstatus for
    pattern:kde_basis-10.2-145.i586

    pattern:kde_imaging-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing
    dependencies
    There are no installable providers of kde_basis for
    pattern:kde_imaging-10.2-145.i586

    These are strange packages to me. I have been using the same Yast sources
    for quite a while without any problems. The source that seems to be
    causing the problem is:

    http://software.opensuse.org/KDE:/KDE3/openSUSE_10.2/

    Has anyone else had this problem?

    Thanks,

    Dan

  2. Re: kdelibs3 update from opensuse.org/KDE3/openSUSE_10.2

    Dan Breckenridge wrote:
    > I have been getting missing dependencies for the past several days when
    > trying to install kdelibs3 and a couple of other package updates.
    >
    > The errors messages are:
    >
    > pattern:devel_kde-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing
    > dependencies
    > There are no installable providers of kde_basis for
    > pattern:devel_kde-10.2-145.i586
    >
    > pattern:kde-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    > There are no installable providers of kde_basis for
    > pattern:kde-10.2-145.i586
    >
    > pattern:kde_basis-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing
    > dependencies
    > There are no installable providers of kdepim3-networkstatus for
    > pattern:kde_basis-10.2-145.i586
    >
    > pattern:kde_imaging-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing
    > dependencies
    > There are no installable providers of kde_basis for
    > pattern:kde_imaging-10.2-145.i586
    >

    > These are strange packages to me. I have been using the same Yast sources
    > for quite a while without any problems. The source that seems to be
    > causing the problem is:
    >
    > http://software.opensuse.org/KDE:/KDE3/openSUSE_10.2/
    >
    > Has anyone else had this problem?
    >

    > Thanks,
    >

    > Dan

    Yes.

  3. Re: kdelibs3 update from opensuse.org/KDE3/openSUSE_10.2

    Dan Breckenridge wrote:

    > I have been getting missing dependencies for the past several days when
    > trying to install kdelibs3 and a couple of other package updates.
    >
    > The errors messages are:
    >
    > pattern:devel_kde-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing
    > dependencies
    > There are no installable providers of kde_basis for
    > pattern:devel_kde-10.2-145.i586
    >
    > pattern:kde-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    > There are no installable providers of kde_basis for
    > pattern:kde-10.2-145.i586
    >
    > pattern:kde_basis-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing
    > dependencies
    > There are no installable providers of kdepim3-networkstatus for
    > pattern:kde_basis-10.2-145.i586
    >
    > pattern:kde_imaging-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing
    > dependencies
    > There are no installable providers of kde_basis for
    > pattern:kde_imaging-10.2-145.i586
    >

    > These are strange packages to me. I have been using the same Yast sources
    > for quite a while without any problems. The source that seems to be
    > causing the problem is:
    >
    > http://software.opensuse.org/KDE:/KDE3/openSUSE_10.2/
    >
    > Has anyone else had this problem?
    >

    > Thanks,
    >

    > Dan

    No. I've got kdelibs3-3.5.7-23.1. If you are trying to install/update just
    this package and not all of your kde packages then I'd expect to get a
    message box saying that 'in addition to your selection these packages will
    be installed/updated as well' or something like that. Perhaps, instead of
    installing/upgrading this one package you should try to do:

    Yast -> Software Management -> Package -> All Packages -> Update if newer
    version available.

  4. Re: kdelibs3 update from opensuse.org/KDE3/openSUSE_10.2

    Michael Soibelman wrote:

    > Dan Breckenridge wrote:
    >
    >> I have been getting missing dependencies for the past several days when
    >> trying to install kdelibs3 and a couple of other package updates.
    >>
    >> The errors messages are:
    >>
    >> pattern:devel_kde-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing
    >> dependencies
    >> There are no installable providers of kde_basis for
    >> pattern:devel_kde-10.2-145.i586
    >>
    >> pattern:kde-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    >> There are no installable providers of kde_basis for
    >> pattern:kde-10.2-145.i586
    >>
    >> pattern:kde_basis-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing
    >> dependencies
    >> There are no installable providers of kdepim3-networkstatus for
    >> pattern:kde_basis-10.2-145.i586
    >>
    >> pattern:kde_imaging-10.2-145.i586 cannot be installed due to missing
    >> dependencies
    >> There are no installable providers of kde_basis for
    >> pattern:kde_imaging-10.2-145.i586
    >>

    >> These are strange packages to me. I have been using the same Yast
    >> sources
    >> for quite a while without any problems. The source that seems to be
    >> causing the problem is:
    >>
    >> http://software.opensuse.org/KDE:/KDE3/openSUSE_10.2/
    >>
    >> Has anyone else had this problem?
    >>

    >> Thanks,
    >>

    >> Dan

    > No. I've got kdelibs3-3.5.7-23.1. If you are trying to install/update
    > just this package and not all of your kde packages then I'd expect to get
    > a message box saying that 'in addition to your selection these packages
    > will
    > be installed/updated as well' or something like that. Perhaps, instead of
    > installing/upgrading this one package you should try to do:
    >
    > Yast -> Software Management -> Package -> All Packages -> Update if newer
    > version available.

    I have tried that and I get the above error. I tracked it down to kdelibs3.
    Actually, there are 2 others that give the same errors, They are kdebase3
    and kdepim3. If I do not select these 3 packages then all dependencies are
    OK. But, if I select any one of these 3 then I get these strange errors.
    I also noticed that I am getting an error that
    http://software.opensuse.org/KDE:/KDE3/openSUSE_10.2/ is not digitally
    signed correctly. By the way, the version of kdelibs3 that I am having a
    problem with is 3.5.7-24.1.

  5. Re: kdelibs3 update from opensuse.org/KDE3/openSUSE_10.2

    ----------------snip-----------------------------------

    The easiest way around this is to use your browser and manually download
    those 3 rpms. Then install them using the rpm command.

    su
    rpm -Uvh package1.rpm package2.rpm package3.rpm

  6. Re: kdelibs3 update from opensuse.org/KDE3/openSUSE_10.2

    Michael Soibelman wrote:

    > ----------------snip-----------------------------------
    >
    > The easiest way around this is to use your browser and manually download
    > those 3 rpms. Then install them using the rpm command.
    >
    > su
    > rpm -Uvh package1.rpm package2.rpm package3.rpm

    I took your advice and downloaded these three packages separately and
    installed them through Konqueror. I'm not sure why Yast did not complain
    about the missing dependencies when it was called by Konqueror, but it
    didn't. Each one installed OK and then I was able to go through Yast and
    select all of the updated packages and everything was OK.

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread