USB Keyboard inactive at GRUB boot menu - Suse

This is a discussion on USB Keyboard inactive at GRUB boot menu - Suse ; Hello, I'm a complete Linux Newb, but I'm learning a little at a time... I recently bought a USB keyboard and attached to my openSuse 10.2 linux machine - in place of the PS/2 keyboard I had installed with. Everything ...

  1. USB Keyboard inactive at GRUB boot menu

    Hello,

    I'm a complete Linux Newb, but I'm learning a little at a time...

    I recently bought a USB keyboard and attached to my openSuse 10.2 linux
    machine - in place of the PS/2 keyboard I had installed with.

    Everything works fine execpt when booting, my GRUB boot menu won't recognize
    keyboard input, so I can't choose Windows unless I change my keyboard (I
    know, maybe that's not a bad thing ). *

    I can go into BIOS when rebooting - by pressing DEL on the keyboard, and I
    can arrow up and down and enter on various BIOS settings, so BIOS
    recognizes the keyboard. *

    And after the default choice with GRUB loads (opensuse), then linux
    recognizes my keyboard. *So, Only GRUB doesn't work, everything else is
    fine.

    What can I do to get GRUB to see my keyboard?

    Much thanks in advance!
    --
    thanks, Brian
    - reply to newsgroup

  2. Re: USB Keyboard inactive at GRUB boot menu

    Brian wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm a complete Linux Newb, but I'm learning a little at a time...
    >
    > I recently bought a USB keyboard and attached to my openSuse 10.2 linux
    > machine - in place of the PS/2 keyboard I had installed with.
    >
    > Everything works fine execpt when booting, my GRUB boot menu won't
    > recognize keyboard input, so I can't choose Windows unless I change my
    > keyboard (I know, maybe that's not a bad thing ).
    >
    > I can go into BIOS when rebooting - by pressing DEL on the keyboard, and I
    > can arrow up and down and enter on various BIOS settings, so BIOS
    > recognizes the keyboard.
    >
    > And after the default choice with GRUB loads (opensuse), then linux
    > recognizes my keyboard. *So, Only GRUB doesn't work, everything else is
    > fine.
    >
    > What can I do to get GRUB to see my keyboard?
    >
    > Much thanks in advance!

    So you're saying that while in the BIOS menu you can use your USB
    keyboard ?? If you look through your BIOS menu you should find a setting
    which allows you to enable legacy USB keyboard support. Enable it and boot
    to Grub again. Now, hopefully, your USB keyboard will work.

+ Reply to Thread