dual head monitor - Suse

This is a discussion on dual head monitor - Suse ; hi please tell where dig to find problem. i use ati card with dual head active. all works fine but when i a turn off second monitor for few days & then plugin it again it could not show picture. ...

  1. dual head monitor

    hi
    please tell where dig to find problem.

    i use ati card with dual head active.

    all works fine but when i a turn off second monitor for few days & then
    plugin it again it could not show picture. console is fine. but kde doesnt.

    i run sax2 & reinstall driver. but doesnt work.

    maybee beryl something do with my settings but all clean i doesnt now where
    it can be.

    tnx a lot for any advice

    ---
    With regart`s Kola!
    P.S. sory for my english
    opensuse 10.2:x86.FS amiloPI1536/1.8/80/1024/x1400/dwd-rw/etc.

  2. Re: dual head monitor

    In , on 06/05/2007
    at 09:42 AM, "m@iden" said:

    >please tell where dig to find problem.

    I'd start with the ATI web site.

    >i run sax2 & reinstall driver. but doesnt work.

    What happens if you reboot?

    >maybee beryl something do with my settings but all clean i doesnt
    >now where it can be.

    Are you using ATI drivers or generic drivers? I still have scars from
    the OS/2 and Windoze 3.1 drivers that ATI shipped.

    >P.S. sory for my english

    It's better than my German.

    reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

  3. Re: dual head monitor

    m@iden wrote:
    > hi
    > please tell where dig to find problem.
    >

    > i use ati card with dual head active.
    >
    > all works fine but when i a turn off second monitor for few days & then
    > plugin it again it could not show picture. console is fine. but kde doesnt.
    >
    > i run sax2 & reinstall driver. but doesnt work.
    >
    > maybee beryl something do with my settings but all clean i doesnt now where
    > it can be.
    >
    > tnx a lot for any advice
    >
    > ---
    > With regart`s Kola!
    > P.S. sory for my english
    > opensuse 10.2:x86.FS amiloPI1536/1.8/80/1024/x1400/dwd-rw/etc.

    I am using a Matrox card with dual head, two Viewsonic 17" LCDs. If I
    power cycle the primary monitor, same symptom, it won't display. It
    always comes back if I log off KDE and log back in again (restarts the X
    server?).
    --
    Jim Harvey, Naperville, Ill. Linux person - WB8NBS/9
    He who dies with the most software wins.

+ Reply to Thread