Tor - Suse

This is a discussion on Tor - Suse ; Why won't any sites accept the Tor proxy?...

  1. Tor

    Why won't any sites accept the Tor proxy?

  2. Re: Tor

    Broderick Crawford wrote:

    > Why won't any sites accept the Tor proxy?

    Did you follow all of the instructions for installation including setting up
    privoxy ???

  3. Re: Tor

    Michael Soibelman wrote:
    > Broderick Crawford wrote:
    >
    >> Why won't any sites accept the Tor proxy?

    > Did you follow all of the instructions for installation including setting up
    > privoxy ???

    By the book.

  4. Re: Tor

    Broderick Crawford wrote:

    > Michael Soibelman wrote:
    >> Broderick Crawford wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why won't any sites accept the Tor proxy?

    >> Did you follow all of the instructions for installation including setting
    >> up privoxy ???

    > By the book.

    As I haven't used this program I can't tell you what's wrong. I'll try to
    set it up today and perhaps then I can help you. As you know, this is an
    alpha release so maybe that has a lot to do with it...

    I'll get back to you later..

    P.S. Are you still doing Highway Patrol reruns ?... LOL

  5. Re: Tor

    Michael Soibelman wrote:

    > Broderick Crawford wrote:
    >
    >> Michael Soibelman wrote:

    >>> Did you follow all of the instructions for installation including
    >>> setting up privoxy ???

    >> By the book.

    > As I haven't used this program I can't tell you what's wrong. I'll try to
    > set it up today and perhaps then I can help you. As you know, this is an
    > alpha release so maybe that has a lot to do with it...
    >
    > I'll get back to you later..
    >
    > P.S. Are you still doing Highway Patrol reruns ?... LOL

    Update. Though this application may seem worth looking into it is alpha.
    Also, the site recommends using Firefox with the Tor button extension.
    This CAN NOT be installed on recent versions of Firefox so this is a
    non-starter. Also, it is recommended to disable/uninstall plug-ins:

    From the web site:

    Second, browser plugins such as Java, Flash, ActiveX, RealPlayer, Quicktime,
    Adobe's PDF plugin, and others can be manipulated into revealing your IP
    address. You should probably uninstall your plugins (go to "aboutlugins"
    to see what is installed), or investigate QuickJava, FlashBlock, and
    NoScript if you really need them. Consider removing extensions that look up