Re: openSUSE survey about usage - Suse

This is a discussion on Re: openSUSE survey about usage - Suse ; The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try the following: * Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar ...

  1. Re: openSUSE survey about usage

    The page cannot be found
    The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
    changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

    Please try the following:

    * Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar
    of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
    * If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web
    site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly
    formatted.
    * Click the Back button to try another link.

    HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

    * Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title
    search for the words HTTP and 404.
    * Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and
    search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks,
    and About Custom Error Messages.

    shurely shome mishtake

  2. Re: openSUSE survey about usage

    Vlad_Inhaler wrote:
    > The page cannot be found
    > The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
    > changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
    >
    > Please try the following:
    >
    > * Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar
    > of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
    > * If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web
    > site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly
    > formatted.
    > * Click the Back button to try another link.
    >
    > HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
    > Internet Information Services (IIS)
    >
    > Technical Information (for support personnel)
    >
    > * Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title
    > search for the words HTTP and 404.
    > * Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and
    > search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks,
    > and About Custom Error Messages.
    >
    > shurely shome mishtake

    I just tried it again, clicking on the link on my origonal posting, and
    it took me there. And no references to MS or Windows. Perhaps it's
    rejecting IE and/or Windows O/S based browsers.

    You could also get there by:
    http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org

    John

  3. Re: openSUSE survey about usage

    On Jun 6, 4:22 am, John Bowling wrote:
    > Vlad_Inhaler wrote:
    > > The page cannot be found
    > > The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
    > > changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

    > > Please try the following:

    > > * Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar
    > > of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
    > > * If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web
    > > site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly
    > > formatted.
    > > * Click the Back button to try another link.

    > > HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
    > > Internet Information Services (IIS)

    > > Technical Information (for support personnel)

    > > * Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title
    > > search for the words HTTP and 404.
    > > * Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and
    > > search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks,
    > > and About Custom Error Messages.

    > > shurely shome mishtake

    > I just tried it again, clicking on the link on my origonal posting, and
    > it took me there. And no references to MS or Windows. Perhaps it's
    > rejecting IE and/or Windows O/S based browsers.
    >
    > You could also get there by:http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org
    >
    > John

    - the original http://en.opensuse.org/UX link worked
    - the link on from there to the survey was the one which produced that
    error-message
    - the link now works (= seems to have been fixed)
    - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.10) Gecko/20070301
    SUSE/1.0.8-0.1 SeaMonkey/1.0.8
    - having said that, rejecting specific browsers / OSs would be
    idiotic. People sometimes have good reason to fake IDs
    - www.surveymonkey.com is running IIS 6.0, probably under Windows
    server 2003. What I posted was obviously the message which IIS
    returns for a 404-error, the message itself is quite clear on that.

+ Reply to Thread