Making a slide show for my tv dvd player - Suse

This is a discussion on Making a slide show for my tv dvd player - Suse ; Does anyone know a good step by step guide to produce a slide show possibly with music using suse 10.1? I have Kb3 and a dvd burner Thanks Ja Juan...

  1. Making a slide show for my tv dvd player

    Does anyone know a good step by step guide to produce a slide show
    possibly with music using suse 10.1? I have Kb3 and a dvd burner
    Thanks
    Ja Juan

  2. Re: Making a slide show for my tv dvd player

    ja juan hightop wrote:
    > Does anyone know a good step by step guide to produce a slide show
    > possibly with music using suse 10.1? I have Kb3 and a dvd burner
    > Thanks
    > Ja Juan

    Well... this might not be a popular answer, but I just did one
    using Google's Picasa (for Linux) and then used avidemux2 to
    add the audio track.

    See:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApSP0mG0ZLg

    Then you can use K3b or whatever dvd authoring tool you
    like to put it on dvd. Of course, in my case, I was producing
    an avi file for my PMP and for upload to youtube.

  3. Re: Making a slide show for my tv dvd player

    On 2007-06-04 03:07, ja juan hightop wrote:
    > Does anyone know a good step by step guide to produce a slide show
    > possibly with music using suse 10.1? I have Kb3 and a dvd burner
    > Thanks
    > Ja Juan

    It was over a year ago I did a slideshow, but it worked well with
    dir2slideshow and dvd-slideshow

    When I look how I did it, it looks like:

    dir2slideshow -t 4 -c 1 -n "Shapla still pictures" pics
    dvd-slideshow -a slideshow.mp3 -a slideshhow2.mp3 -p -f Shapla_still_pictures.txt

    Which means, I have the pictures in the folder pics.

    dir2slideshow will create the file Shapla_still_pictures.txt
    that I can feed to dvd-slideshow.

    The options was , display title 4 sec , then 1 sec crossfade I guess.
    -p is for PAL since NTSC is default.

    The file itself look like:
    background:0::black
    title:4:Shapla still pictures
    fadeout:1
    background:1
    fadein:1
    pics/1995-aaa.jpg:4
    crossfade:1
    pics/1995-aab.jpg:4
    crossfade:1
    pics/1995-aac.jpg:4
    crossfade:1
    pics/1996-aaa.jpg:4
    crossfade:1
    pics/1996-aab.jpg:4
    crossfade:1
    pics/1997-aaa.jpg:4
    crossfade:1
    pics/1997-aab.jpg:4
    crossfade:1
    pics/1997-aac.jpg:4

    I found it simple to edit this file by hand so the timing match the music.

    The generated VOB can be imported in kino, NOT drag&drop.

    /birre

  4. Re: Making a slide show for my tv dvd player

    ja juan hightop wrote:

    > Does anyone know a good step by step guide to produce a slide show
    > possibly with music using suse 10.1? *I *have Kb3 and a dvd burner
    > Thanks

    if you use Gwenview or digikam (KDE) with kippiplugins ;-)
    http://users.telenet.be/photo-memori.../slideshow.png
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  5. Re: Making a slide show for my tv dvd player

    ja juan hightop wrote:

    > Does anyone know a good step by step guide to produce a slide show
    > possibly with music using suse 10.1? I have Kb3 and a dvd burner
    > Thanks
    > Ja Juan

    You can use KmediaFactory to make dvd-slideshows, just add the pictures and
    the music and the program does the rest, including burning you DVD.

  6. Re: Making a slide show for my tv dvd player

    Patrick Grimbergen wrote:

    > You can use KmediaFactory to make dvd-slideshows, just add the pictures
    > and the music and the program does the rest, including burning you DVD.

    just try it, simple and it works
    didn't now that there was kmediafactory.....
    every good app start with a "K"
    not for me but my father in law can use it for his DV files ;-)
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be
    Running KDE 3.5.7 / openSUSE 10.2

  7. Re: Making a slide show for my tv dvd player

    ja juan hightop wrote:
    > Does anyone know a good step by step guide to produce a slide show
    > possibly with music using suse 10.1? I have Kb3 and a dvd burner
    > Thanks
    > Ja Juan

    Thanks for all your help it worked out great
    Ja juan

+ Reply to Thread