Broderick Crawford wrote:

> Taki wrote:
>> Pat wrote:
>>> Is anyone using the Pan newsreader on openSUSE 10.2 with Gnome desktop?
>>>
>>> I wanted to give it try (don't really care for Knode that well) but it
>>> doesn't appear to be included in the box install of openSUSE 10.2. So
>>> I'm wondering if either its (a) not supported on openSUSE 10.2 yet, or
>>> if it
>>> is, (b) how to install it. Yast couldn't find it.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help with this. -Pat

>> If you want Pan 'fresh out of the oven'; the current version is 0.130
>> (the GNOME:/STABLE repo gives you v0.119):
>>
>> http://repos.opensuse.org/home:/sdrahn/openSUSE_10.2/

> ^^^^
> Who are these names there
> Maintainers? Authors?,

Yes. These are the developers/maintainers. These are NOT official packages
and can cause problems but some of us do indeed use these packages. This
is where the developers do there stuff.. Sort of like the 'this is the
space where I can do my stuff on their server' server. Then, when it's
ready we'll (openSuSE) put it where it goes when it's ready for release.