how to choise boot device - SUN

This is a discussion on how to choise boot device - SUN ; hi, This week I try to install on blade 1500, debian on the first disk and the second disk OSOL and the osol primary disk with debian secondary disk. I keep the solution first disk OSOL second disk debian I'm ...

  1. how to choise boot device

    hi,
    This week I try to install on blade 1500, debian on the first disk and the second disk OSOL
    and the osol primary disk with debian secondary disk.
    I keep the solution first disk OSOL second disk debian
    I'm not on that silo installed on the second boot disk!

    I made a ssh from a OSOL X86 on the blade 1500 OSOL svn_134.

    here are the results:
    admin@usrv-starbuck:~$ ls -la /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 2010-03-15 18:07 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 -> ../../devices/pci@8,700000/ide@6/sd@0,0:a
    admin@usrv-starbuck:~$ ls -la /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 2010-03-15 18:07 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 -> ../../devices/pci@8,700000/ide@6/sd@0,0:b
    admin@usrv-starbuck:~$

    admin@usrv-starbuck:~# format
    Searching for disks...done

    AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
    0. c2t0d0
    /pci@1e,600000/ide@d/dad@0,0
    1. c2t1d0
    /pci@1e,600000/ide@d/dad@1,0
    Specify disk (enter its number): ^D
    admin@usrv-starbuck:~#
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------2

    I can not implement a command prtvtoc

    but i'm later to my projet : can y to choise os startup on my blade 1500
    i have create nvalias disk and disk1

    how to choise disk boot, primary secondary disk.

    Best regards
    philo
    Last edited by philo_neo; 04-05-2010 at 04:32 PM.

  2. Re: how to choise boot device

    If you have multiple operating systems installed on your computer, or if you are trying to boot off various utility or other boot disks, you may run into problems where using an alternative or desired boot device is not a straightforward process.

+ Reply to Thread