SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS
Vol 129 Issue 1 2008-11-08 Article 20817 from section "Storage"

Bill Moore, Sun's Chief Engineer, Storage Systems, Presents at the Open Storage Summit

Bill Moore, Sun's Chief Engineer, Storage Systems, delivered a 30
minute presentation at the Open Storage Summit, September 2008. The
topic was flash performance in storage systems and, "The problems we
see, the solutions we see, and where we think the industry is going."

Topics include the Performance gap, a background on Flash, and Sun's
Flash Architecture including the mini-DIMM, ZFS Intent Log (ZIL) and
ZFS cache (ARCL2).

Bill also discusses a ZFS Hybrid Pool example and explains how ZFS is
the first I/O stack optimized for flash.

Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=20817

Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you
via email each week in text or HTML. Only the sections that you
select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at
http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe
Free 4-week trial is available.
(c) 2008 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com