SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS
Vol 128 Issue 4 2008-10-24 Article 20778 from section "OpenSolaris"

By Joerg Moellenkamp

(This is an opinion piece by Joerg Moellenkamp, reprinted here with
permission.)

Okay,okay ... I know the headline is a little bit provoking. But when
you think about some comments from Linux proponents you could think
so. In the last few weeks I've heard one sentence quite often: "Why
you you still develop Solaris? You should contribute to Linux!" from
people administering Linux systems. And you could read at other
places, that Solaris is irrelevant, that there is nothing worth of
mentioning it or even for an integration to Linux. Just think about
the Zemlin quotations! Or several other comments of proponents of
Linux.

Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=20778

Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you
via email each week in text or HTML. Only the sections that you
select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at
http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe
Free 4-week trial is available.
(c) 2008 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com