Windows Server 2003 on SunPCi3 card under Solaris 10 - SUN

This is a discussion on Windows Server 2003 on SunPCi3 card under Solaris 10 - SUN ; The problem I have is that pressing cntrl-alt-del to log on does not work as it brings up the Solaris process viewer instead. The best information I could find was to add a line to /etc/inittab as follows ca::cntrlaltdel:/bin/true The ...

  1. Windows Server 2003 on SunPCi3 card under Solaris 10

    The problem I have is that pressing cntrl-alt-del to log on
    does not work as it brings up the Solaris process viewer
    instead.
    The best information I could find was to add a line to
    /etc/inittab as follows
    ca::cntrlaltdel:/bin/true
    The effect of that is that pressing cntrl-alt-del now brings
    up a process not found in Solaris, so it appears to be on
    the right track.
    I could find anything more helpful on Google.
    Any thoughts on how to send cntrl-alt-del to Windows
    Server 2003 to let me log on?

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

  2. Re: Windows Server 2003 on SunPCi3 card under Solaris 10

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 16:24:27 +1100, Barry OGrady wrote:

    >The problem I have is that pressing cntrl-alt-del to log on
    >does not work as it brings up the Solaris process viewer
    >instead.
    >The best information I could find was to add a line to
    >/etc/inittab as follows
    >ca::cntrlaltdel:/bin/true
    >The effect of that is that pressing cntrl-alt-del now brings
    >up a process not found in Solaris, so it appears to be on
    >the right track.
    >I could find anything more helpful on Google.
    >Any thoughts on how to send cntrl-alt-del to Windows
    >Server 2003 to let me log on?

    Again I'm answering my own question because I discovered
    the answer. It works if I press the cntrl-alt the right of the space
    bar.

    >Barry

    Barry
    =====