Sun netra 210 Serial port parameters - SUN

This is a discussion on Sun netra 210 Serial port parameters - SUN ; I wanna use the serial port of sun netra 210 for communication channel with an external system. However when I look at the documentation, the communation parameters are 9600, 8, n and they are not changeable. Does anyone can help ...

  1. Sun netra 210 Serial port parameters

    I wanna use the serial port of sun netra 210 for communication channel
    with an external system. However when I look at the documentation, the
    communation parameters are 9600, 8, n and they are not changeable.
    Does anyone can help me to find a way to change parameters of serial
    port programmatically. Further, If it is possible to change
    parameters, what is maximum baud rate that the port can communicate?

    Best regards

  2. Re: Sun netra 210 Serial port parameters

    tiran wrote:
    > I wanna use the serial port of sun netra 210 for communication channel
    > with an external system. However when I look at the documentation, the
    > communation parameters are 9600, 8, n and they are not changeable.

    What documentation is that?

    > Does anyone can help me to find a way to change parameters of serial
    > port programmatically. Further, If it is possible to change
    > parameters, what is maximum baud rate that the port can communicate?

    Your application should set the parameters after it opens the port. If
    you're using hardware flowcontrol, it should go reasonably fast, but I
    haven't worked with netra hardware in a very long time.

    --
    Darren

  3. Re: Sun netra 210 Serial port parameters

    On 15 Ekim, 02:50, ddun...@taos.com (Darren Dunham) wrote:
    > tiran wrote:
    > > I wanna use the serial port of sun netra 210 for communication channel
    > > with an external system. However when I look at the documentation, the
    > > communation parameters are 9600, 8, n and they are not changeable.

    > What documentation is that?
    >
    > > Does anyone can help me to find a way to change parameters of serial
    > > port programmatically. Further, If it is possible to change
    > > parameters, what is maximum *baud rate that the port can communicate?

    > Your application should set the parameters after it opens the port. *If
    > you're using hardware flowcontrol, it should go reasonably fast, but I
    > haven't worked with netra hardware in a very long time.
    >
    > --
    > Darren

    The Documentation is ALOM documentation. In ALOM the commands are used
    to just to see the serial port params and it is stated that the params
    cannot be changed.

  4. Re: Sun netra 210 Serial port parameters