SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS
Vol 127 Issue 3 2008-09-15 Article 20607 from section "Servers"

Sun Fire X4450 server and Sun Blade X6450 server module

The Sun Fire X4450 server and Sun Blade X6450 server module, powered
by Intel Xeon processor 7400 series with up to six processing cores,
run a variety of operating systems, including Solaris 10 10/08,
Linux, Windows and VMware.

"Sun's Intel Xeon-based products are seeing strong customer adoption
and stellar product reviews," said Lisa Sieker, vice president,
Systems Marketing, Sun Microsystems. "Today we're adding new value
for customers with Intel's next-generation six-core Xeon chips in our
high-density, highly scalable, energy-efficient systems. We also
continue to work with Intel to optimize Solaris for Xeon processors."

Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=20607

Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you
via email each week in text or HTML. Only the sections that you
select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at
http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe
Free 4-week trial is available.
(c) 2008 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com